Frequently Asked Questions

Where do vendors send invoices?
All invoices, except credit card orders, are to be forwarded to:
            University of South Carolina Beaufort
            ATTN: Accounts Payable
            One University Boulevard
            Bluffton, SC 29910

How long does it take to have a check cut?
Checks take two weeks from the time the request leaves USC Beaufort. Please allow time for the USC Beaufort Accounts Payable office to review and make changes if necessary.

What is a Honorarium Payment and how does my department request one?

An honorarium payment is a payment made to an individual where there was not a contractual payment agreement between the parties. For Example, If a faculty member invites a guest lecturer to speak and the lecturer does not charge a fee.

  • Object code 51440 should be used if the site of service is within the United States.
  • Object code 51439 – Service outside the U.S.
  • A DEV should be filled out with a copy of the individual's W9 (Both forms can be found on the forms page)
  • You are not required to send honorarium payments to payroll.
  • Under normal circumstances, an employee should never receive an honorarium payment.
  • Employees are paid via the Payroll System as dual employment or on the PBP-17 form under the miscellaneous category (section IV).

How does my Department request a Cash Advance?

  1. A 'Cash Advance Form' should be filled out detailing the purpose of the cash advance.
  2. When approved by the Dean or Department Chair, forward to Accounts Payable where a Direct Expenditure Voucher (DEV) will be processed and recorded on the General Ledger, the custodian's name is recorded in the Controller's Office or in Contract & Grant Accounting.
  3. The established amount of the advance is limited to the cash requirements for a short period of time (A period normally not to exceed 90 days but in no case to exceed one year).
  4. If the need for the advance ceases to exist, the fund is handled improperly, or not handled in accordance to the written policies and procedures, it will be removed.
  5. All receipts and remaining cash advance funds are to be returned to the Accounts Payable office.