The Institutional Effectiveness Council
To review, monitor, and revise the institutional effectiveness and strategic planning framework, processes, and procedures of the University.
- an annual review of the Mission and Goals of the University;
- an annual review of the Strategic Plan to determine achievement of goals and objectives and the need for revision with recommendations to the Chancellor;
- an annual assessment of the Institutional Effectiveness and Outcomes Assessment Report(s) from the educational programs, academic divisions, and the administrative/educational support services and provide feedback to those areas;
- an annual review of the results of the Institutional Effectiveness and Outcomes Assessment Report(s) and their impact upon the University with recommendations, including those with budget implications, to the Chancellor for final decision;
- an annual review of the results from academic program review with recommendations to the chair of the Program Review Committee; and
- an annual evaluation of the functioning of the IE Council and revision as necessary.
- Evaluate the institutional effectiveness and strategic planning framework, process, and procedures of the University.
- Report after every scheduled meeting (minimum of four per year) the findings of the IE Council to the USCB Chancellor and to the Chancellor’s Administrative Council.
- Communicate on an on-going basis the institutional effectiveness and strategic planning process, procedures, and findings to the educational departments, and to the administrative and educational support services units through minutes, reports, and direct contact of members with their respective units.
- Prepare an annual report of the work of the IE Council.
- Representation on the IE Council is broad-based and includes:
- Chair of the Faculty Senate: John Salazar
- President of Beaufort Employees Association of Classified and Non-classified personnel (BEACON): Dominic Viola
- President of Student Government Association (SGA): Devin Mock
- Community Outreach Representatives: Marilyn Arseneau & Andrea Sisino
- Director of Athletics and Recreation: Quin Monahan
- Facilities and Maintenance Representative: Mike Parrott
- Vice Chancellor of Finance and Operations: Patty Williams (representative)
- Vice Chancellor for Advancement: Lynn McGee
- Advancement Representative: Sarania Reid
- Vice Chancellor for Student Development: Doug Oblander
- Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management: Mack Palmour
- Faculty Department Representatives
- English and Theatre: Rob Kilgore
- Humanities and Fine Arts: Ben Nelson
- Social Sciences: Charles Spirrison
- Natural Sciences: Gordon Sproul
- Mathematics and Computational Science: Bud Sanders
- Business Administration: Brigitte Ziobrowski
- Hospitality Management: Charles Calvert
- Nursing: Rose Kearney-Nunnery
- Education: Christine Ferguson
- Director of General Education: Charles Keith
- Director of Quality Enhanced Plan: Mac James
- Information Technology: Donna Sprout
- Library Representative: Geni Flowers
- Chancellor Appointment: Pam Cooper
- Chancellor: Jane Upshaw
- Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs: Gordon Haist
- Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs & Institutional Effectiveness: Martha Moriarty
- Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Research: Jodi Herrin
- Program Assistant of Institutional Effectiveness and Research: Bob Davidson
- Individuals will be appointed to serve a two-year term. An individual may serve more than one term. Terms will be staggered for the purpose of continuity. The IE Council shall recommend from its membership a Chair, Vice Chair, and Secretary to be approved and appointed by the Chancellor. The Chair and the Vice Chair shall be chosen from the Council’s faculty members. The Vice Chair will succeed the Chair.
- Ex-officio Members: Chancellor, Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, and the Director/Program Assistant of Institutional Effectiveness and Research.
- The head of the educational/administrative support unit selects a designee if they cannot serve.
The IE Council reports directly to the Chancellor of the University. It serves in an advisory capacity to the Academic Council and to the administrative and educational support units of the University and to the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Research.