Student Consumer Information
The Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) requires colleges and universities that participate in federal student financial aid programs to disclose certain information to current and prospective students, and to university employees.
The Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA), includes many disclosure and reporting requirements. A disclosure requirement is information that a postsecondary education institution is required to distribute or make available to another party, such as students or employees. A reporting requirement is information submitted to the U.S. Department of Education or other agencies. Disclosure and reporting requirements sometimes overlap. For certain topics, institutions are required to make information available to students or others and to submit information to the Department of Education. To view a summary of HEA institutional disclosure requirements, click here.
In order to promote access to information that will allow consumers to make informed decisions about postsecondary education, the University of South Carolina Beaufort developed this webpage to provide these disclosures in one location. Click on the links below for information on each topic. For additional questions, please contact the appropriate office.
Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
- Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
- Contact Information for Assistance in Obtaining Institutional or Financial Aid Information
Student Financial Assistance
- Student Financial Aid Information
- Notice of Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
General Institutional Information
- Privacy of Student Records – Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Consumer Information on College Navigator Website
- Facilities and Services Available to Students with Disabilities
- Student Body Diversity
- Price of Attendance
- Net Price Calculator
- Refund Policy, Requirements for Withdrawal, and Return of Title IV, HEA Financial Aid
- Textbook Information Course Schedule Information
- Academic Program (Educational Programs, Instructional Facilities, and Faculty) Strategic Plan
- Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements
- Institutional and Program Accreditation, Approval, or Licensure
- Copyright Infringement Policies and Sanctions (Including Computer Use and File Sharing)
Teacher Preparation Program
Health and Safety
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
- Vaccinations Policies
- Security Report (Including Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures) Timely
- Warnings, and Crime Log
- Security Report − Missing Person Notification Policy
- Fire Safety Report and Fire Log
- Information for Crime Victims About Disciplinary Hearings - provided to alleged victim of crime upon written request
- Student and Institutional Achievement Goals
- Retention Rate
- Completion/Graduation and Transfer-out Rates (Including Disaggregated Completion/Graduation Rates)
- Completion/Graduation and Transfer-out Rates for Students Receiving Athletically Related Student Aid (Including Disaggregated Completion/Graduation Rates) - currently not applicable, first athletes began in Fall 2007
- Placement in Employment
- Job Placement Rates - USCB does not use job placement rates as a means of recruiting students
- Types of Graduate and Professional Education In Which Institution's Graduates Enrolled
Intercollegiate Athletic Program
This link will open the Equity in Athletics Data Analysis Cutting Tool.
1- Click on "Get Data for One Institution."
2- Next, under Name of Institution, type Beaufort and press Search.
3- Click on University of South Carolina-Beaufort.
4- You will be able to select from four tabs on this page: Participants, Coaching Staff and Salaries, Revenues and Expenses, and Supplemental Info.
Disclosure Requirements Relating to Education Loans
- State Grant Assistance
- Student Loan Information Published by Dept of Education
- National Student Loan Data System
- Entrance Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Exit Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Private Education Loan Disclosures (Including Self-Certification Form) - provided to prospective borrowers
- Code of Conduct for Education Loans
- Preferred Lender Lists - USCB does not have preferred lenders
- Preferred Lender Arrangements - USCB does not have preferred lenders