MEDIA ADVISORY: USCB Students Move Into Housing Sunday, August 20
August 17, 2017
BEAUFORT, S.C. – Move-in day for the University of South Carolina Beaufort Bluffton campus will take place Sunday, August 20 beginning at 8:00 a.m. New students will be arriving from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. Almost 1,000 new and returning students will be moving into housing. Broad River, the newest housing on campus, will be at full occupancy this year.
Photo and Interview Opportunities:
- Almost 500 freshmen will be moving in.
- Students are moving into housing with the help of parents, USCB staff, faculty, local community organizations and upperclassmen. Interviews with parents and students can be arranged.
- Deonne Yeager, the director of housing and judicial affairs, will be available for an interview.
- We will be using #uscbmovein17 as a way for students and the community to follow the day on Facebook and Instagram.
- Students will also be moving into housing on our Beaufort campus on the same day.
Located in the heart of the Carolina Sea Islands, the University of South Carolina Beaufort (USCB) is a baccalaureate member of the USC system, serving the southeast coast of South Carolina and Georgia. Since 2002, USCB has tripled its academic degree programs, doubled its FTE enrollment, opened its first on-campus housing (now serving more than 900), joined the NAIA Sun Conference, and fielded conference and national award-winning Sand Shark athletes in nine sports. The university's two campuses serve a diverse student body of 2,000 students. The Bluffton campus offers cutting-edge Computational Science and Nursing laboratories, and a broad range of academic degree programs. The Beaufort campus, located on Beaufort's downtown waterfront, houses an innovative baccalaureate Studio Art program in close proximity to Beaufort's many art galleries. The University of South Carolina Beaufort offers students an exceptional place to learn and live in an environment focused on growth, preservation and opportunity.
For more information, contact Kerry Jarvis, public information coordinator, at 843-208-8030