The Studio Art degree program provides students with a focus in studio art practice and theory, with a solid grounding in art history, within the context of the liberal arts. The program prepares graduates both for professional careers in the arts and graduate programs in fine arts. The combination of an intensive liberal arts background with studio arts proficiency skills and practical experience will help students investigate and integrate their knowledge and perspectives in today's technologically changing world and will give them the background needed for a career in the arts.
- The BA in Studio Arts Program objectives include the following:
- Promote students’ visual and conceptual development with exposure to a wide range of artistic ideologies, styles, and media.
- Introduce artistic diversity in the visual arts by integrating both contemporary and historical perspectives in the training of the artist.
- Engage students in activities that relate to the professional visual arts field including guest lecturers, exhibits, curatorial work, and community events.
- Establish a learning environment in the studio art discipline that encourages cooperation and collaboration with the local community in the region and the state.
- Provide students with a diverse choice of media, knowledgeable and experienced faculty, and well equipped facilities to foster technical and creative growth and development.
- Prepare students for careers or graduate level studies in the arts.
- USCB seeks to ensure that all students who complete the Bachelor of Arts in Studio Art are able to...
- Have well developed problem-solving, expressive and perceptual skills.
- Understand various artistic ideologies and styles.
- Demonstrate competence in a variety of media.
- Have the ability to realize a concept into a finished work of art.
- Comprehend a basic understanding of significant art movements/achievements and artists in a global context.
- Professor of art
- Arts management
- K-12 art teacher
- Museum educator
- Museum curator
- Exhibition design
- Historic preservation
- Gallery owner
- Art Therapy