Important PRAXIS Information:
PRAXIS registration pamphlets with important information on PRAXIS Core and PRAXIS II tests may be picked up from Ms. Myke McCutcheon in Hargray Building 210. When registering for both PRAXIS tests, it is essential that you include USCB (5841) and the South Carolina Department of Education (8108) as score recipients. You may also access "Tests at a Glance" booklets that include practice test questions for PRAXIS Core and PRAXIS II online at www.ets.org/praxis. In addition, there are several PRAXIS I and PRAXIS II preparation books that you may check out from the Library at USCB's South campus.
The South Carolina Department of Education requires that ALL students meet testing requirements for Admission to the Professional Program. Students may meet these requirements in any of the following ways:
Passing Scores on PRAXIS Core Academic Skills for Educators tests below:
Praxis® Core Academic Skills for Educators (Core) tests (computerized):
- Reading (5712) = 156
- Writing (5722) = 162, Math (5732) = 150
- Combined Test (5751) – includes all three content areas
Exemption of Praxis® Core Academic Skills for Educators:
- SAT I: Verbal + Math + Writing = 1650
- ACT = 24
These testing requirements will also apply for recipients of the South Carolina Teachers Loan.
Passing Scores on PRAXIS II and Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT) tests below:
- Early Childhood Education Majors:
- Praxis II: Education of Young Children (5024) = 160
- Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT) : Early Childhood (5621) = 157
- Elementary Education Majors:
- Praxis II: Elementary Education: Instructional Practice and Applications (5019) =
- Reading and Language Arts Subtest (5002) = 157
- Mathematics Subtest (5003) = 157
- Social Studies Subtest (5004) = 155
- Science Subåtest (5005) = 159
- Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT): Grades K-6 (5622) = 160
- Praxis II: Elementary Education: Instructional Practice and Applications (5019) = 155
Note: Praxis II 5019 will no longer be available after August 2016. It will be replaced with the four subtests listed above.
NOTE: Students must pass PRAXIS II Specialty Area Exam(s) required by South Carolina prior to beginning their internship (EDEC 469/EDEL 470).