Mathematics and Computational Science Minors
Currently, the Department of Mathematics and Computational Science offers minors in Computer Science and Data Science.
Minor in Computer Science
At least one programming course (selected from CSCI 102, 104, and 145), CSCI 211, an additional 200 level course, and three Computer Science courses chosen from the 300+ level.
Minor in Data Science
18 credit hours, including:
- CSCI B145: Java Programming and Algorithmic Design
- CSCI B320: Database Systems and Management
- MATH B174: Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science
- MATH B230: Linear Algebra
- STAT B202: Elementary Statistics II or STAT B340: Introduction to Probability and Statistics
- Additional 3 credit hours chosen from: CSCI B146: Algorithmic Design II, MATH B142: Calculus II, or any 300+ level CSCI, CSXE, or MATH course.