Careers and Jobs
Career Opportunities for Business Majors
A variety of employment opportunities are available for USCB Accounting, Marketing, and Management majors with local and regional businesses. Please contact Professor Jane Lambert at (843) 208-8209 or email@example.com for posting an ad or applying for an internship.
Other helpful information and career links can be found at the USCB Career Services website http://www.uscb.edu/campus_life/student_services/career-services/index.php
Business Internship Program
Springleaf Financial Services Internship - A paid internship with Springleaf Financial Services provides valuable training and hands-on experience in the financial services industry. You'll gain experience in branch operations including:
- Sales skills and business development
- Loan application processing
- Risk analysis and credit decisions
- Loan closing and customer service
- Routine collections
The internship program provides advancement opportunities and part-time positions may be available during the school year. Successful interns may be offered full-time positions post-graduation.
Qualification: A Springleaf internship is an excellent opportunity to enhance your education and your pocketbook. Specific qualifications include:
- High energy and a drive to succeed
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sales and leadership ability or experience
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Actively enrolled in College; pursuit of a business related degree preferred
- Full-time availability during summer months; ability to work 16-20 weekly during the school year
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
- Dependable automobile transportation and a valid driver's license
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills (a plus)
Interested Candidates should apply on the Springleaf website at www.Springleaf.com.
Accounting Clerk position – A part-time position is available for an accounting clerk. This individual would be expected to organize and process tax returns. Assist with bookkeeping operations for payroll and other related accounting services. Review and assist with the preparation of financial statements. Individuals must have professional appearance and be able to work closely with clients.
Contact: Doug Crowley or Lisa Wechsler 843-379-1065
Accounting Assistant position – Part-time accounting assistant position available at South Carolina Yacht Club. Flexible hours and pay is commensurate with experience. Please submit resume to Karen Morgenroth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing Administrative Assistant – A top producing realtor is looking for a marketing assistant. Responsibilities include client mailings and communications, event planning, delivering lockboxes, signs and flyers, managing properties on websites, and assistance with marketing of properties. Individual must be detail-oriented and reliable, have good writing skills and professional demeanor. Position requires 5 to 10 hours per week and individual may work from home. Competitive pay and mileage offered.
Contact Kristy Gonzalez 846-298-3808
Full-time Accounting Position: Hilton Head Island CPA firm seeks licensed CPA or CPA Candidate for full-time position. The candidate should have 1 to 5 years of experience. Duties include preparation of Corporate, Partnership & Individual tax returns along with the performance of Audit & Review engagements. Our Firm offers a salary commensurate with experience and a benefit package.
Contact: Denise Crow 843-681-4430
Qualified candidates should email resume to: email@example.com
Accounting Assistant at Hampton Hall Club – This is a full time position, with potential growth opportunities, depending on the employee’s flexibility and performance.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Review and enter Accounts Payable invoices
- Fully execute biweekly check run
- Ensure compliance with new vendor set up forms, insurance requirements, Purchase Orders and Bid Sheets
- Enter new member set up and communicate with attorneys regarding resales in the community
- Set up billing for new members, including golf and club
- Answer questions from members regarding statements
- Bill Monthly Dues
- Update Daily Sales
- Open Mail and distribute to department heads
- Apply member payments
- Apply member credit card & ACH payments (auto pay)
- Send out paper and email Statements monthly
- Weekly review of departmental P&Ls to budget, research variances
- Assist Controller with Month End Balance Sheet and Bank reconciliations
- Special projects as needed
Please submit resume to Robert Stanzione at Hampton Hall.