Careers and Jobs
Career Opportunities for Business Majors
A variety of employment opportunities are available for USCB Accounting, Marketing, and Management majors with local and regional businesses. Please contact Professor Jane Lambert at (843) 208-8209 or email@example.com for posting an ad or applying for an internship.
Other helpful information and career links can be found at the USCB Career Services website http://www.uscb.edu/campus_life/student_services/career-services/index.php
Business Internship Program
Part-Time Internship available for Taxation - Hilton Head Island CPA firm seeks Tax Season Preparer for individual returns. Salary commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates - please e-mail your resume to:
Part-Time Internship in Business - Jenny's Gourmet Foods, makers of Aunt Dottie's All Natural Salad Dressings and Toppers, is a young, rapidly growing gourmet food company seeking an intern to help with day-to-day operations with an interest in a hands on approach to learning. Our company’s philosophy is to work hard and have fun while doing so! We are looking for an individual who is creative, hardworking, energetic and possesses a desire to learn. An interest in All-Natural and Gourmet foods is a plus! Growth opportunities within the company are also available.
Candidate will provide administrative assistance in an office environment to perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Assist with Hiring Process for Brand Ambassador Team
- Monitor and update Brand Ambassador calendar
- Retail store contact and store-relationship building
- Monitor company policy compliance
- Incentive Programs for Brand Ambassadors
- Raw materials inventory management
- Freight scheduling and management
- Reviewing Sales Data
- Social media management/Marketing
- Assist in management of Brand Ambassador team
- Process new hires
- Manage supplies and shipping
- New Product Development/Launch
Candidate should possess exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to learn quickly and multi-task, as well as the following:
- Time Commitment: 5-10 hrs/wk
- Coursework in Business Administration or Project Management
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently and as a strong team member
- Candidate should possess an interest in Organic/Natural Food market
- Prefer sophomore or higher student
Qualified candidates - please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Springleaf Financial Services Internship - A paid internship with Springleaf Financial Services provides valuable training and hands-on experience in the financial services industry. You'll gain experience in branch operations including:
- Sales skills and business development
- Loan application processing
- Risk analysis and credit decisions
- Loan closing and customer service
- Routine collections
The internship program provides advancement opportunities and part-time positions may be available during the school year. Successful interns may be offered full-time positions post-graduation.
Qualification: A Springleaf internship is an excellent opportunity to enhance your education and your pocketbook. Specific qualifications include:
- High energy and a drive to succeed
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sales and leadership ability or experience
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Actively enrolled in College; pursuit of a business related degree preferred
- Full-time availability during summer months; ability to work 16-20 weekly during the school year
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
- Dependable automobile transportation and a valid driver's license
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills (a plus)
Interested Candidates should apply on the Springleaf website at www.Springleaf.com.
Accounting Clerk position – A part-time position is available for an accounting clerk. This individual would be expected to organize and process tax returns. Assist with bookkeeping operations for payroll and other related accounting services. Review and assist with the preparation of financial statements. Individuals must have professional appearance and be able to work closely with clients.
Contact: Doug Crowley or Lisa Wechsler 843-379-1065
Accounting Assistant position – Part-time accounting assistant position available at South Carolina Yacht Club. Flexible hours and pay is commensurate with experience. Please submit resume to Karen Morgenroth at email@example.com.
Marketing Administrative Assistant – A top producing realtor is looking for a marketing assistant. Responsibilities include client mailings and communications, event planning, delivering lockboxes, signs and flyers, managing properties on websites, and assistance with marketing of properties. Individual must be detail-oriented and reliable, have good writing skills and professional demeanor. Position requires 5 to 10 hours per week and individual may work from home. Competitive pay and mileage offered.
Contact Kristy Gonzalez 846-298-3808
Full-time Accounting Position: Entry level accountant needed to perform accounts payable and accounts receivable tasks for a local property management company. Candidate will also work with accounting staff to prepare monthly financial statements, tenant statements, delinquency reports, bank reconciliations, accruals, and other accounting tasks, as needed.
Contact: Andrea Lemire 843-837-2520