Careers and Jobs
Career Opportunities for Business Majors
A variety of employment opportunities are available for USCB Accounting, Marketing, and Management majors with local and regional businesses. Please contact Professor Jane Lambert at (843) 208-8209 or firstname.lastname@example.org for posting an ad or applying for an internship.
Other helpful information and career links can be found at the USCB Career Services website http://www.uscb.edu/campus_life/student_services/career-services/index.php
Business Internship Program
Part-Time Internship available for Taxation - Hilton Head Island CPA firm seeks Tax Season Preparer for individual returns. Salary commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates - please e-mail your resume to:
Gulfstream College Intern-Business Office Product Support in GAC Savannah
Co- Op for Business Office to assist with planning, work order management, and invoicing. Familiar with excel and word. Prefer student that is majoring in Business Adminstration.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Supports Service Center Operations projects. Works closely with Scheduling and the Business Office to support the goals and objectives of Service Center Operations.
- Opens work orders; develops work packages.
- Enters accurate cost and revenue data.
- Enters and codes customer provided discrepancy lists and project work scopes.
- Maintains proficiency with the Corridor & Cognos system, quoting systems, and associated reporting tools.
- Builds and runs queries and extracts data from Corridor to support other projects.
- Downloads CMP as required and adjusts for concurrent tasks and hours needed to complete each project.
- Performs month end Fuel and IDI entries and invoicing.
- Enters budget labor hour data into the Access database and updates regularly with forecasted labor hours provided by shop supervisors and STM's.
- Maintains inventory of red book forms and ensures their revisions are current and complete
- Maintains work order log for use in the planning department to keep track of upcoming jobs and status of jobs in work in planning.
- Builds effective Corridor & Cognos system models.
- Responsible for year end records storage and records retrieval from off site storage.
- Maintains SCC Slot chart.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must be currently pursuing a bachelor or master's degree in business administration, supply chain, communications, or aviation management.
- 2.8 gpa or higher required and it must be listed on the submitted resume.
- Familiarity with aircraft terminology, components and systems including FAA regulations highly desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Ability to retain confidential information is necessary.
Springleaf Financial Services Internship - A paid internship with Springleaf Financial Services provides valuable training and hands-on experience in the financial services industry. You'll gain experience in branch operations including:
- Sales skills and business development
- Loan application processing
- Risk analysis and credit decisions
- Loan closing and customer service
- Routine collections
The internship program provides advancement opportunities and part-time positions may be available during the school year. Successful interns may be offered full-time positions post-graduation.
Qualification: A Springleaf internship is an excellent opportunity to enhance your education and your pocketbook. Specific qualifications include:
- High energy and a drive to succeed
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sales and leadership ability or experience
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Actively enrolled in College; pursuit of a business related degree preferred
- Full-time availability during summer months; ability to work 16-20 weekly during the school year
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
- Dependable automobile transportation and a valid driver's license
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills (a plus)
Interested Candidates should apply on the Springleaf website at www.Springleaf.com.
Accounting Clerk position – A part-time position is available for an accounting clerk. This individual would be expected to organize and process tax returns. Assist with bookkeeping operations for payroll and other related accounting services. Review and assist with the preparation of financial statements. Individuals must have professional appearance and be able to work closely with clients.
Contact: Doug Crowley or Lisa Wechsler 843-379-1065
Accounting Assistant position – Part-time accounting assistant position available at South Carolina Yacht Club. Flexible hours and pay is commensurate with experience. Please submit resume to Karen Morgenroth at email@example.com.
Marketing Administrative Assistant – A top producing realtor is looking for a marketing assistant. Responsibilities include client mailings and communications, event planning, delivering lockboxes, signs and flyers, managing properties on websites, and assistance with marketing of properties. Individual must be detail-oriented and reliable, have good writing skills and professional demeanor. Position requires 5 to 10 hours per week and individual may work from home. Competitive pay and mileage offered.
Contact Kristy Gonzalez 846-298-3808