ADMISSION CRITERIA: RN to BSN Track
Potential students are encouraged to meet with a nursing advisor prior to general admission to determine eligibility and a recommended course of study.
Registered Nurse applicants must meet the following Department of Nursing entrance requirements:
- accepted for general admission to USCB;
- Associate of Science degree in nursing or diploma in nursing from an accredited basic nursing program;
- minimum cumulative collegiate GPA of 2.0 or higher;
- current unencumbered South Carolina RN licensure; and
- completion of prerequisite courses including all sciences, English, sociology, psychology and statistics. (Although it is recommended that the general education requirements be completed prior to the core nursing courses, the former may be completed at any time prior to graduation if approved by your advisor.)
Students who meet the above requirements and wish to apply to the RN to BSN track must submit the following:
- a completed USCB RN to BSN program application (application available online);
- one letter of reference describing the applicant’s clinical performance and potential for academic success (letter templates are available online or through the Department of Nursing office);
- a current professional resume; and
- evidence of current unencumbered South Carolina licensure.
Formal admission into the Department of Nursing courses is contingent upon a negative criminal background check and drug screen and submission of health information including: PPD, tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis, chicken pox, HBV, rubella, rubeola and physical exam by a physician or nurse practitioner indicating satisfactory health status consistent with the ability requirements.