Admission to the Professional Program
Students who are seeking to complete the Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education or the Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education must be formerly admitted to the Professional Program in the Department of Education. Formal admission occurs when students have completed between 46-55 hours of undergraduate study and have met all other requirements noted below. Transfer students with more than 56 undergraduate hours should apply during their first semester at USCB.
Students may apply for admission once they have:
- Attended an Education Orientation Session
- Maintained a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.75* in all undergraduate course work
- Completed all Pre-Professional courses with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a “C” or better in each course
- Completed the following courses with grades of “C” or better in each course: English (ENGL B101 and ENGL B102), Speech Communications (COMM B140 or COMM B201) and Math (MATH B221 and MATH B222)
- Achieved passing scores on all three sections of the Praxis™ Core Academic Skills for Educators tests. Official scores must be submitted to and received by the Department of Education
- Completed a Criminal Background Check and Full Disclosure Statement from the State Law Enforcement Division (SLED)
- Completed 25-hours of Youth Experiences or the Teacher Cadet Program
- Successfully completed the Professional Program Admission Essay
- Received approval by the USCB Professional Education Committee
Professional Program Applications should be completed and submitted by the following dates:
Fall - February 1, Spring - October 1
Please do not submit your application until ALL requirements have been met.