Discover Scholarship Opportunities
Contact the Office of Financial Aid
At the University of South Carolina Beaufort, we believe in the talent, potential, and goals of our students. One of the ways we do this is through a robust scholarship program involving academic, merit, and state scholarships. Last year, USCB awarded nearly $17.5 million in scholarships and financial aid, helping students like you access the financial assistance and resources necessary to discover a powerful future.
The USCB Scholarship Program
All students newly admitted to the University of South Carolina Beaufort, who meet the criteria below, will be considered for merit based scholarships. Funds are limited and recipients will be considered on a first come, first served basis.
All newly accepted students are considered for the scholarship for which they might qualify. No additional application or materials are required unless otherwise specified.
USCB Palmetto Fellow - Plus: $3,000.00 per year, for up to four years.
- Students enrolled at the University of South Carolina Beaufort, who are Palmetto Fellow Scholarship eligible at the time of their admittance, will be considered for the USCB Palmetto – Plus scholarship.
USCB Life - Plus: $2,000.00 per year, for up to four years.
- Students enrolled at the University of South Carolina Beaufort, who are Life Scholarship eligible at the time of their admittance, will be considered for the USCB Life – Plus scholarship.
Residential Scholarship – Out of State Tuition waiver (Currently $10,500.00 per year)
- Must reside in on-campus housing and meet one of the following criteria :
- SAT 1000 (CR and Math Combined)
- ACT 21 (Composite)
- Academic GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Transfer Criteria
- Overall college GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Must have 30 Hours of transferable college credit. Transfer students with less than 30 hours of college transferable credit must meet freshmen criteria above.
Please contact Mr. Bob Davidson, Communications Manager, about possible institutional scholarship opportunities for new and transfer students:
Office of Enrollment Management; Hargray Building: Room 113 (Hilton Head Gateway Campus)
Phone: 843-208-8128 / Fax: 843-208-8290 / Email: BOB@uscb.edu
Academic Program Scholarships
If you are interested in computational science, studio art, or hospitality management, USCB has academic scholarships reserved for students entering these majors.
State Scholarship Programs
Each year, more than 400 state scholarship winners—who have been awarded more than $1.8 million—choose USCB. These scholarships are awards designed to remove financial barriers that many talented, motivated students like you face while considering attending college.
Student-athletes interested in receiving an athletic scholarship should contact the head coach of their particular sport. Limited athletic aid is offered prior to university acceptance, however, offers occasionally are contingent upon acceptance. The requirements and value of athletic scholarships vary from sport to sport and are dependent on a number of factors, but they are awarded based strictly on athletic merit. For more information, please contact Athletic Director Quinn Monahan at (843) 208-8070 and visit Sand Shark Athletics.