The University of South Carolina Beaufort is proud to offer this country’s brave service members the chance to discover powerful futures at our Historic Beaufort and Hilton Head Gateway campuses. Our programs offer active duty, veterans, and spouses the opportunities to further their education while balancing active careers and family needs.
As you start to discover USCB, keep a few things in mind.
- We’re a military friendly school. This means our two campuses have been designated among the best when it comes to educating military students.
- We’re part of the Yellow Ribbon Program. Through a partnership with the Department of Veterans Affairs and USCB—via the Post-9/11 GI Bill—extra funds are available for eligible personnel.
- We offer Associate Degrees just for military. As an Active-Duty member of the military, you can earn an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science degree, or a Baccalaureate degree in one of our 16 majors.
- We have a reduced tuition plan for active military. Any active duty military member receiving tuition assistance is eligible. The only out-of-pocket costs will be for textbooks.
- We reward your experience. Academic credit may be awarded at USCB for educational experiences in the military.
- We have programs just for you. Our Military Business Degree Plan will help you earn a degree in as little as two years.
- Your credits will transfer. USCB is a member of Service Opportunity Colleges, a consortium of over 1900 US colleges and universities who have agreed to transfer academic credits for military personnel.
- Your dependents are eligible for a variety of USCB scholarships.
- We understand your experience. As an institution close to three military bases—the Marine Corps Recruit Depots, the Marine Corps Air Station, and the United States Naval Hospital—we’ve been able to work closely with military personnel since our inception and stand ready to help you discover your powerful future.
Contact the Office of Admissions
If you have any general questions that you can't find the answer to on our website about Military Programs, please contact us at 843-368-8211 or email Les Brediger, firstname.lastname@example.org, Director of Military Programs.
University of South Carolina Beaufort
Office of Admissions
One University Boulevard
Bluffton, SC 29909
Phone (843) 208-8055
Fax (843) 208-8290