Studio Art Scholarships at USCB
The University of South Carolina Beaufort's Studio Art program is dedicated to preparing students for careers or graduate level studies in the arts. Students are exposed to a diverse choice of media, knowledgeable and experienced faculty, and well equipped facilities to foster technical and creative growth and development. USCB’s Studio Art program is situated in the heart of charming downtown Beaufort, where students study art in one of America's top small cities for art, as selected by American Style Magazine, in June 2009.
USCB offers a number of competitive scholarships to prospective Studio Art majors. Scholarships are awarded based upon a cumulative review of a candidate's scholarship application in addition to a review of the applicant's sample artwork.
Scholarship Application Requirements
- USCB Studio Art Scholarship Application
- Narrative Statement: Brief essay (300 words) by the applicant that highlights their interest in the arts, potential career goals, and how these can be fulfilled in USCB's program in Studio Art.
- Portfolio: sample artwork, maximum of 10 items
- References: Applicants should submit two letters of reference:
- Character reference letter from a teachers, counselor, community/church leader.
- Art Instructor Reference letter emphasizing the technical strengths and skills of applicant, as well as applicant's likelihood of success in USCB's program in Studio Art.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or
- Minimum 1050 SAT total or
- Exceptional talent in the arts as demonstrated in works submitted with portfolio.
Priority of consideration is given to applications received by April 1, 2012.
For more information, please contact:
USCB Office of Admissions
One University Blvd.
Bluffton, SC 29945