Transfer Admission Requirements
An applicant who, having graduated from high school, has attended another regionally accredited postsecondary institution and attempted one or more courses is a transfer student, regardless of credit earned. If fewer than 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) of college-level work have been attempted, the applicant must meet both transfer and freshman entrance requirements.
Transfer applicants for admission must submit:
- Completed Application for Admission
- $40 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts from postsecondary institutions through the time of application; these must be supplemented by final transcripts that reflect complete academic work prior to beginning classes in the University.
- Students must request and submit official transcripts from each previous academic institution. (Hand delivered transcripts will be considered unofficial unless in a sealed envelope.) The applicant must submit transcripts of all previous college courses attempted whether or not credit was earned and regardless of whether the applicant wishes to transfer any credit.
- Failure to report all attempted college courses may constitute sufficient cause for later dismissal from the University. Transcript Request Form can be obtained via this link or from the USCB Admissions Office.
- Less than 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours)
- Applicants with less than 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) of college-level credit will be considered for admissions based on freshman qualifications in addition to the required transfer grade point average.
- Official high school transcript or official General Educational Development (GED) score report and official entrance examination scores (if under the age of 25). Minimum SAT score of 800 combined on critical reading and math or ACT composite score of 17.
Mail all admissions documents to:
University of South Carolina Beaufort
Office of Admissions
One University Boulevard
Bluffton, SC 29909
Application Status Check
If you applied for Fall 2013, you can check your status online at https://ssb.onecarolina.sc.edu/BANP/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon using the login ID and password you created when you applied to USCB. Please be aware that during peak processing periods, it may take two to three weeks for a document to be marked as received. If you have any questions after checking your status, use firstname.lastname@example.org to contact the Office of Admissions.
Minimum Transfer Admission Requirements
Some academic programs at USCB have separate admissions procedures and competitive requirements in addition to admission to the general University. Admission to the University does not guarantee admission to an academic program.
- Transfer students are required to have a 2.0 cumulative GPA in all previous college-level course work. In addition, all applicants must be in good standing and eligible to return to the institution last attended.
- Students with less than 30 hours of transferable college credit are also subject to the freshman evaluation process.
Transferring Courses to USCB
A transfer grade point average is calculated for the purpose of admission using all credits attempted and grades earned at other institutions, with the exception of occupational, technical, or remedial courses.
These credits and grades also will be included in calculating honors at graduation from the University. Schools and Departments within the University have the right to consider all attempted college-level work in determining admission to particular programs and/or advancement into upper-division or professional-level courses. As a general rule, credits earned in courses that fall in one or more of the following categories are not acceptable in transfer to campuses of the University of South Carolina System:
- Courses that is occupational or technical in nature;
- Courses that are essentially remedial in nature;
- Courses from a two-year institution which are considered upper-division or upper-level at the University;
- Courses from a two-year institution that are not listed as part of that institution's college parallel program.
Exceptions to this rule may be made only by the Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and only in specific cases where such courses are judged to be uniquely relevant to the student's degree program. Transfer credit will not be accepted for courses the equivalent of which a student has been enrolled in previously at the University, unless the academic work presented for transfer represents a minimum of a full year of resident work at the other institution. Similarly, a student cannot receive credit for a course taken at the University if he/she has received transfer credit for an equivalent course previously taken at another institution.
USCB will not accept transfer credit for non-USC courses in which the student made a grade of D+ or lower. Regardless of the point in academic career at which students enter the University, all must complete the final year (the last 30 semester hours before graduation) enrolled in classes at USCB.
USCB has Rolling Admissions. Apply early and USCB will send you an admission decision in two to four weeks.
Fall Semester Application Deadline– August 1
- All application materials must be received by the close of business on the posted deadline date - not the postmark date.
- Fall applicants should respond by May 1 to guarantee a place in the entering class.
Spring Semester- Late November
Summer Semester- Late April- May