How to Apply
All students who plan to live in university housing for the 2014-15 academic year should complete the new online application.
PLEASE NOTE: The New and Returning Students' application is now available through Self Service Carolina at https://my.sc.edu/.
- After accessing the page, there is not a link to the Housing application. What do I do? Contact the Housing Office at (843) 208-8722
- On the requested roommate page, I tried to request a roommate, but the search results did not include my roommate or did not match any records. How can I request my roommate? Your requested roommate has to be accepted and submitted their intent to enroll in order to be located in the system. If your request meets these requirements, then check the spelling of your requested roommate's last name and verify that you have entered the email address correctly.
- I requested roommates, but it says "unconfirmed" next to my roommate's name. What does that mean? All roommate requests will say "unconfirmed" when you select the roommate and have not completed the application. If you have completed the application and your roommate request still says "unconfirmed," then your requested roommate has either not submitted an application or has not confirmed you as a requested roommate. You should contact your requested roommate to discuss why they have not confirmed the request. Unconfirmed roommates will not be assigned together.
- Who is required to pay the $250 Room Reservation Fee and Application Fee? Any new USCB student is required to pay the Room Reservation Fee and Application fee before they can complete the housing application. Any current USCB student who is applying to live in university housing for the first time is also required to pay the Room Reservation Fee and Application fee.
- Can I edit my application? Any student who has completed the housing application can make changes to some sections of the application until June 1, 2014. Login into the system and access the Housing Application Home. Select "Edit Housing Application." You can edit the roommate matching questions, requested roommates, room type, emergency contact information, and personal information. After June 1, 2014, please contact the Housing Office to make changes. However, no changes to roommate requests will be made after June 1, 2014.
- How can I cancel my Housing Application? Login to the system and access the Housing Application Home. Select "Cancel Housing Application" under Fall 2014—Beaufort Campus. Choose the option that best describes your reason and click "Cancel My Application" You are encouraged to read the section on the Housing website regarding the cancellation policy and penalties. Please note the cancellation information below: NEW STUDENTS 1) Notification Received by 5 PM, June 1: Contract cancelled, $200 RRF is refunded. 2) Notification Received June 2 - August 17: Contract cancelled, no refund due. 3) Notification Received August 18 or later: Contract cancelled, Room charges are refunded based on university schedule and 25% of room rate cancellation fee is applied RETURNING STUDENTS 1) Notification received by 5 PM, June 1: Contract Cancellation, no cancellation fee. 2) Notification Received June 2-August 17: Contract cancelled with 25% of room rate cancellation fee. 3) Notification received August 18 or later: Contract cancelled, Room charges are refunded based on university schedule and 25% of room rate cancellation fee is applied