All students who plan to live in university housing for the 2012-13 academic year should complete the new online application.
New Students can complete the application starting March 1, 2012.
The application is available every day from 10 AM to midnight. We encourage you to complete your application during Business Hours to ensure immediate attention if you encounter any problems. If you need assistance, please contact the Housing Office at (843)208-8722 or email@example.com between 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday-Friday.
Before starting, read these helpful tips to make it easier to complete the online application.
- Have your VIP login (username & password) available
- Make sure you know how to login to VIP and you have located the Personal Tab in your account
- Collect contact information for an Emergency Contact. You will need Name, Address, Phone and Email. You can provide more than one phone number and up to two emergency contacts.
- Discuss with your family your preference for evacuation in case of a hurricane. You can also choose to evacuate with the university and you will also need to provide a contact and phone number.
- Know your USCB email address and how to login to the email. All confirmations and roommate information will be sent to your USCB email.
- If you are requesting a roommate, you will need each person's Full Name and know their USCB email in order to select them as a requested roommate.
Follow these step-by-step directions to complete your housing application. The application is available every day from 10 AM to midnight. We encourage you to complete your application during Business Hours to ensure immediate attention if you encounter any problems. If you need assistance, please contact the Housing Office at (843)208-8722 or firstname.lastname@example.org between 8:30 AM - 5 PM, Monday-Friday.
- Login to VIP at https://vip.sc.edu/. (Need assistance with VIP? Click Here.)
- Click on the Personal Tab, located in the left side column
- Locate the Housing section under the Personal options
- Choose the Beaufort campus, then click on Show Me
- Click on the link "Online Housing Application Login for Beaufort Students"
- At the top, you should see University Housing—Student Home with your name directly under it
- Look for Fall 2012—Beaufort Campus
- Click on the link "Fall 2012—Spring 2013 Beaufort Campus Housing Application"
- Please read the first page that contains important contract and cancellation information. After you have read the information, choose "I agree" to continue completing the application. If you choose "I Do Not Agree" you will not be able to complete the application at that time.
- Next, you will need to verify the supplied information is correct and complete the additional information.
- Continue completing the application by entering requested information and clicking "Next" to advance to the next page
- When you reach the page to request roommates, read the instructions carefully. You must spell the requested roommate's name correctly and correctly enter the email address.
- NOTE: You will use the name portion of the USCB email, but combine it with the following: @email.sc.edu
- EXAMPLE: email@example.com changes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will not be able to locate the correct person if you do not change the end of the email address to @email.sc.edu
- Fill in the last name and email address, then click "Search"
- Verify the name is your requested roommate and click select
- After selecting a requested roommate, you will see "unconfirmed" next to the person's name.
- When your requested roommate completes the application, he/she will see your name on the requested roommate list and must choose to confirm or not.
- Unconfirmed roommate selections will not be assigned as roommates.
- Continue completing the application by selecting your meal plan, choosing the room type, reading the creed, and reading the complete contract terms and conditions.
- New Students will be required to submit the on-time $250 Room Reservation Fee and Application Fee before continuing to the next page.
- Any current USCB student who has lived in university housing prior to Fall 2012 is not required to pay any additional fees.
- Any current USCB student who is applying for university housing for the first time will be required to pay the on-time $250 Room Reservation Fee and Application Fee.
- Click "I Agree" to submit your Housing application. If you choose, "I Do Not Agree" your application will not be submitted and you will not be eligible for university housing.
- Where do I login to VIP?
The link to VIP is https://vip.sc.edu/
- What is my VIP id and pin number?
New students will receive login instructions as part of the welcome packet from USCB Admissions. You can also click here for more detailed instructions on setting up your pin number and how to login to VIP.
- Who can help me if I cannot get logged into VIP?
Contact the Registrar's Office for assistance at (843) 208-8050
- I logged into VIP, but I cannot find the Housing Application. What do I do?
Click on the Personal section on the left side navigation and then you should see the Housing information in the middle of the page. If you still cannot find it, please contact the Housing Office at (843) 208-8722.
- After I clicked "Show Me" the housing application, I was directed to a new page, but there is not a link to the Housing application. What do I do? Contact the Housing Office at (843) 208-8722
- On the requested roommate page, I tried to request a roommate, but the search results did not include my roommate or did not match any records. How can I request my roommate? Your requested roommate has to be accepted and submitted their intent to enroll in order to be located in the system. If your request meets these requirements, then check the spelling of your requested roommate's last name and verify that you have entered the email address correctly. Remember, you must change the USCB email to fit the following format: email@example.com changes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- I requested roommates, but it says "unconfirmed" next to my roommate's name. What does that mean?
All roommate requests will say "unconfirmed" when you select the roommate and have not completed the application. If you have completed the application and your roommate request still says "unconfirmed," then your requested roommate has either not submitted an application or has not confirmed you as a requested roommate. You should contact your requested roommate to discuss why they have not confirmed the request. Unconfirmed roommates will not be assigned together.
- Who is required to pay the $250 Room Reservation Fee and Application Fee?
Any new USCB student is required to pay the Room Reservation Fee and Application fee before they can complete the housing application. Any current USCB student who is applying to live in university housing for the first time is also required to pay the Room Reservation Fee and Application fee.
- Can I edit my application?
Any student who has completed the housing application can make changes to some sections of the application until June 1, 2012. Follow steps 1-7 of the Step-By-Step guide to return to the Housing Application Home. Select "Edit Housing Application." You can edit the roommate matching questions, requested roommates, meal plan choices, room type, emergency contact information, and personal information. After June 1, 2012, please contact the Housing Office to make changes. However, no changes to roommate requests will be made after June 1, 2012.
- How can I cancel my Housing Application?
Follow steps 1-7 of the Step-by-Step guide to return to the Housing Application Home. Select "Cancel Housing Application" under Fall 2012—Beaufort Campus. Choose the option that best describes your reason and click "Cancel My Application" You are encouraged to read the section on the Housing website regarding the cancellation policy and penalities.
Please note the cancellation information below:
1) Notification Received by 5 PM, June 1: Contract cancelled, $200 RRF is refunded.
2) Notification Received June 2 - August 18: Contract cancelled, no refund due.
3) Notification Received August 19 or later: Contract cancelled, Room charges are prorated and a
cancellation fee is applied
1) Notification received by 5 PM, June 1: Contract Cancellation, no cancellation fee.
2) Notification Received June 2-August 18: Contract cancelled with cancellation fee.
3) Notification received August 19 or later: Contract cancelled, Room charges are prorated and a
cancellation fee is applied