USCB Counseling Services
Counseling services are available to USCB students as part of the network of support services provided by the Department of Student Development for the purpose of increasing student’s academic success and personal development through the promotion of health and wellness. Issues of depression, homesickness, anxiety and stress, substance abuse, eating disorders, time management, anger management, sexual assault, feelings of isolation and loneliness, as well as other challenges may be addressed through counseling.
College is a unique time in a person’s life. Some students may be away from home for the first time, some may be going back to school with the responsibility of a family to support. The adjustments can be overwhelming for college students, but there can also be new opportunities for emotional growth and maturity. College counseling services are designed to assist students with addressing the difficulties they may encounter as they go through a time of transition.
Students of Concern
If you are concerned about a USCB student who is exhibiting the following behaviors, please refer them to the Students of Concern Committee:
- Talk of, or concern that a student may harm themselves.
- Threats of weapon on campus, significant inappropriate disruption to community, potential for safety being compromised.
- Student is regularly not attending classes
- Student is isolating self, exhibiting signs of depression and/or anxiety
- Marked change in behavior or academic performance
To make an appointment for counseling, contact:
Counseling and Disability Services
Emergency Contacts & Resources
- University Emergency 843-208-8911
- Department of Public Safety 843-208-8912
- University Counselor (Weekdays 8:30 – 5pm) 843-208-8264
- University Housing (Weekdays 8:30 – 5pm) 843-208-8722
- Coastal Carolina Hospital - Local 843-784-8000
- Beaufort Memorial Hospital- Local 843-522-5269
- Hilton Head Regional Hospital - Local 843-681-6122
- 24-Hour Mental Health CRISIS INTERVENTION - Local 1-800-922-7844
- Hope Haven of the Lowcountry – (Sexual Assault) -Local 843-524-2256
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-784-2433 1-800-273-8255
- National Sexual Assault Hotline 1-800-656-HOPE
ULifeline supplements the services provided by college counseling centers. It combines an online screening tool, as well as a mental health reference library. You can access the website with the following link: