Merit and General Scholarships
Scholarships are offered exclusively to USCB students, most of which are based on academic achievements and individual potential. Many of these are sponsored by individuals and organizations from the Lowcountry—right here in our own backyard—who believe in USCB and the experience we provide.
Click here to see a list of the available scholarships.
For Freshman and Transfer Student Scholarship information, please click here.
Continuing Student Scholarships
Continuing student scholarships are awarded on an "as funds are available basis." To be considered for scholarships, continuing students must complete the online application. Due to the limited number of scholarship awards available, consideration will be given to those students with a USCB GPA of 2.5 or higher.
Application Process for Continuing Students:
- Complete the online Scholarship Application Form below by the deadline of February 14, 2014.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2014-2015 academic year. The FAFSA will be available after January 1, 2014, and students can file online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Be sure to add USCB’s School Code: 003450 on your FAFSA. Please apply by our priority date which is March 3, 2014. Several scholarships are based on financial need. The scholarship selection committee will take into consideration a students' financial need as documented by the FAFSA.
· Dr. Louise Anders Memorial Scholarship
· Paul Barber - Beaufort Charities Scholarship
· Edith R. Harvey Scholarship
· Battey Family Scholarship
· BB&T Scholarship
· Beaufort Water Festival Scholarship
· Bobbe Dyleski Memorial Scholarship
· Gray Family Scholarship
· William Mason Hardimon Memorial Scholarship
· Rose Y Mark/Furniture Warehouse Scholarship
· Mary Moody Memorial Scholarship
· Neidich Family Scholarship
· Ruth Eva Nelson Memorial Scholarship
· Palmetto State Bank Scholarship
· Regions State Bank Scholarship
· D.L. Scurry Foundation Scholarships
· Sea Island Rotary Club - Darwin B. Bashaw Scholarship
· Sea Island Rotary Club - John R. Perrill Scholarship
· Maureen & Edwin Seim Scholarship
· South Carolina Bank & Trust Scholarship
· Sprint Mid-Atlantic Scholarship
· USCB Bookstore Scholarship
· USCB Chancellor's Scholarship
· USCB Gamma Beta Phi Scholarship
· William F. Cochrane Memorial Scholarship
· Morgan C. Haynes Memorial Scholarship
· David McCollum Memorial Scholarship
· Ramon N. Tessler Memorial Scholarship
· Leith Paul Trask Memorial Scholarship
· Dot Wrede Memorial Scholarship
· Okatie Rotary Nursing Scholarship
Each year a variety of scholarships are awarded to deserving USCB students. Scholarship awards are primarily based on academic excellence and potential. The awarding of all scholarships is contingent on the availability of funds and the eligibility of students.
In addition to the scholarships which are designated specifically for USC Beaufort students, there are a number of other sources of financial aid available. Students are encouraged to contact their high school guidance counselors, military education office and community library as well as the USC Beaufort Office of Financial Aid for further information about grants and scholarships available through other sources. The following is a list of additional scholarships sponsored by local community organizations:
· American Business Women's Association Scholarship
· Allen Chapel AME Church Scholarship
· Beaufort Business & Professional Women Scholarship
· Ebenezer Baptist Church Scholarship
· Jasper County Rotary Club Scholarship
· Marine Corps Air Station Officers' Wives Club Scholarship
· Parris Island Officers' Wives Club Scholarship
· Parris Island Staff NCO Wives Club Scholarship
· Rotary Club of Beaufort Scholarship
· SCANA Scholarship
· Martha Webb Scholarship
· Zonta Scholarship
When searching for additional scholarships outside of the University of South Carolina Beaufort programs, please be mindful of scholarship scams. The primary warning flag for a scam is the requirement to pay a fee for receipt of the scholarship. For more information on these scams please refer to the Department of Education website