Discover Sand Shark Scholars
Sand Shark Scholars is an exciting new one-year residential program offered jointly by the University of South Carolina Salkehatchie and University of South Carolina Beaufort. This invitation-only program provides first-time college students with structure and comprehensive support from both institutions; it offers affordability, access, and the eventual opportunity to enroll at the University of South Carolina Beaufort. Sand Shark Scholars students enjoy great benefits while working to meet USC Beaufort's admissions requirements. Students will live on campus at USC Beaufort while completing their first year of courses through USC Salkehatchie.
Sand Shark Scholars students:
- will have student ID card for USC Beaufort
- will have access to campus facilities
- can participate in many programs and activities at both colleges
- will live in a USC Beaufort residence hall
- can play USC Beaufort intramural sports and utilize USC Beaufort's fitness center
- can enjoy library privileges at USC Beaufort;
- can obtain free tickets to USC Beaufort athletic events; attend concerts and cultural events; and much more!
Sand Shark Scholars extends from Fall 2014 through Spring 2015. To successfully complete the program, students must earn 30 transferrable credit hours from USC Salkehatchie and earn at least a 2.0 GPA within the designated time frame. Students are required to live on campus at USC Beaufort so that they benefit fully from the program.
For more information, contact the program coordinator, Brice Griffin