Computational Science Scholarships
Computational Science (CSci) is a field of applied Computer Science (CS) in which computing theories and software techniques are used to serve and advance many diverse fields, including science, engineering, social science and business. Computational Science is considered to be "one of the five college majors on the rise" (Chronicle of Higher Education, Aug. 2009) and is "central to the Nation's long-term technical leadership" (Computational Science: Ensuring America’s Competitiveness, President’s Information Technology Advisory Committee, 2005).
The B.S. in Computational Science1 at the University of South Carolina Beaufort is specially designed to introduce students to cutting-edge computational and quantitative skills relevant to their concentration or interests. Consequently, the program will facilitate interdisciplinary study and research with other University departments and programs.
A wide range of corporate organizations and government and non-profit institutions employ graduates of Computational Science programs, including AT&T, Bell Labs, Boeing, IBM, Lockheed Martin, Aerospace Corporation, the U.S. Dept. of Energy, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, South Carolina biofabrication industry, and many others. Many Computational Science students also enter graduate programs.
Scholarship Application Requirements
- At least two letters of reference from teachers or professors.
- Resume that illustrates educational and/or working background and related achievements.
- A brief essay highlighting personality, interest in Computational Science, and career goals.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or
- Minimum 1050 SAT total or
- Exceptional talent in science and engineering fields as demonstrated in works (such as software programs and applications) and/or related reports and papers.
To continue the scholarship, the student must maintain:
- 1) A minimum annual USCB GPA of 3.0 or highly recommended by course professors
- 2) Full-time student status- minimum of twelve credit hours per semester at USCB
- 3) Computational Science as the declared major
To apply, please click here: Computational Science Scholarship Application
For more information please contact:
USCB Office of Admissions
One University Blvd.
Bluffton, SC 29945