Financial Aid & Scholarships
- South Carolina's Palmetto, Hope and Life scholarship winners are increasingly choosing USCB. In 2010-11, 406 of these scholarship winners who had earned over $1. 8 million in scholarships attended USCB.
- In addition, USCB awarded 33 of its own, local scholarships worth $71,842 to deserving USCB students in the 2009-2010 academic year.
- Financial aid & scholarships awarded to students through our offices in the 2010-11 academic year totaled $15.2 million.
The following dates are critical in applying for scholarships and financial aid:
- January 1 - Begin applying for Free Application for Federal Student Aid Programs (FAFSA). Available at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- March 1 - Deadline to apply for USCB Scholarships. A FAFSA must be submitted prior to this date to be considered for USCB scholarships.
- Mid-April - The USCB Financial Aid Office priority deadline for FAFSA applications. Some need-based financial aid programs with limited funding are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Meeting this deadline ensures consideration for the maximum financial aid package for which a student is eligible.
For more information about how to apply for scholarships and financial aid at USCB, please contact the Financial Aid office at 843-521-3104 or visit the Financial Aid Office web page.