Our Mission, Vision & Values
The University of South Carolina Beaufort (USCB) responds to regional needs, draws
regional strengths, and prepares graduates to contribute locally, nationally, and
internationally with its focus on teaching, research, and service. USCB is a public,
comprehensive institution in the University of South Carolina system, offering associate and
baccalaureate degrees in the liberal arts, the sciences, and professional disciplines and select
master's degrees in response to regional demand through on-site and distance delivery
methods. Serving a diverse population, USCB enriches the quality of life for students and area
residents through artistic and cultural offerings; collaborations with regional, national, and
international partners; and lifelong learning opportunities.
Approved April 21, 2017
USC System Board of Trustees
Approved March 1, 2018
South Carolina Commission on Higher Education
The University of South Carolina Beaufort will be a university of academic distinction that is student centered and community engaged.
As we, staff and administrators, work together with faculty, students and our fellow staff members to support the mission of USCB, our interactions will be guided by the following principles:
- Integrity: possessing and steadfastly adhering to high moral principles or professional standards. At USCB, we view integrity as a willingness to be transparent in our dealings and a desire to treat all members of the university community with fairness and respect.
- Collaboration: working together with one or more people in order to achieve a common goal. At USCB, we view collaboration with individuals, departments and outside partnering agencies as a means to develop better ideas and implement them more successfully.
- Innovation: creatively inventing, introducing and implementing new ideas, approaches or tools to increase our effectiveness and efficiency. At USCB, we view innovation, both in our educational and research processes and in our internal operations, as an important measure of our growth as an institution.
- Responsiveness: reacting quickly, strongly, and positively to a constituent’s need, suggestion or proposal. At USCB, we believe that responsive individuals show compassion and genuinely desire to assist others.
- Accountability: accepting one’s responsibility to others in the organization and for one’s own work role. Accountability at USCB centers on the effectiveness of our educational and student support functions and the business processes that underlie them.
- Excellence: committing to reach a level of superior and outstanding performance. At USCB, we aim to serve our students and the communities in our region with distinctive programs tailored to their needs and strengths.