The Spring 2022 application window has closed! The application window
for the Spring 2023 Class will open in the March/April 2022 timeframe.
Program Information on Applying
Students interested in USCB's Spring 2022 Nursing Program are invited to view the
video and pdf presentation for information on applying.
Click here to download the presentation pdf.
USCB will only accept letter grades (not pass/fail) for all Nursing Program courses.
Courses include both those that are pre-requisites to entering the Nursing Program,
and those taken within the Nursing Program itself.
Any applicant who takes a Nursing Program course for pass/fail may be required, through
an additional exam, to demonstrate competency at the same required level required
as if taken for a letter grade.
Note: The Student Affairs Committee members (who review all applications) will consider applications with letter grades for all Nursing Program requirements prior to considering applications with pass/fail classes in any Nursing Program courses.
Admission Requirements and Application Steps
Complete all admission and application requirements outlined below.
- Students must first be admitted to the University before being admitted to the Nursing Program. You can access the application to USC-Beaufort online at uscb.edu or if you are at a USC campus other than Beaufort, submit a "change in campuses" form to Student Services.
- The admissions committee will take into account the following academic factors:
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above and an overall science GPA of 2.75 or above (A&P I and II and Microbiology).
- Successful completion of all pre-requisite courses. Pre-requisite courses may be taken during the Fall semester, after application submission. If your overall GPA falls below 3.00 or your Science GPA falls below 2.75 at the end of the fall semester, your acceptance into the BSN major will be withdrawn.
- A 'C' grade or above is required on all sciences and nursing courses with a maximum of one science or one nursing course repeated once to earn a minimum of 'C.'
- Please review all pre-requisite nursing requirements by clicking here.
- The deadline for submitting an application for USCB's Pre-Licensure BSN program is August 1, 2021.
NOTE: Official transcripts and all other application materials must be in NursingCAS' possession by August 1, 2021 - otherwise your application will not be considered.
Monitor the status of your application through the NursingCAS website.
Contact and Help Information
For questions regarding the NursingCAS application please contact NursingCAS support via phone at 617-612-2880 Monday – Thursday 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM Eastern Time and Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Eastern Time or via email at email@example.com.
For questions please contact the nursing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-208-8124.