Spring 2021 application window closed on 1 August!
UPCOMING - USCB BSN Program Information Sessions
Students interested in applying to the USCB Nursing Program are invited to participate
in one of three online information sessions. The session dates, along with Blackboard
Collaborate Ultra links and additional phone numbers -- for those having connectivity
issues are below. Registration not required.
Saturday, March 21, 2020, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM:
Users may also call in using this number: +1-571-392-7650 PIN: 214 511 3641
Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM:
Users may also call in using this number: +1-571-392-7650 PIN: 410 864 0909
Thursday, March 26, 2020, 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM:
Users may also call in using this number: +1-571-392-7650 PIN: 368 270 2976
USCB will only accept letter grades (not pass/fail) for all Nursing Program courses.
Courses include both those that are pre-requisites to entering the Nursing Program,
and those taken within the Nursing Program itself.
Any applicant who takes a Nursing Program course for pass/fail may be required, through
an additional exam, to demonstrate competency at the same required level required
as if taken for a letter grade.
Note: The Student Affairs Committee members (who review all applications) will consider applications with letter grades for all Nursing Program requirements prior to considering applications with pass/fail classes in any Nursing Program courses.
NursingCAS Instructions for University of South Carolina Beaufort
Note: Applications to the Pre-licensure Program Track will be processed through NursingCAS. NursingCAS is the online, centralized application service for nursing schools. You can use NursingCAS to apply to USC Beaufort and other participating schools. NursingCAS processes your application and transcripts on behalf of the university.
Applicants interested in the BSN program should apply through NursingCAS. To access the NursingCAS 3.0 application, use the following link: http://nursingcas.liaisoncas.com. Visit and click "Apply Here" to initiate your application. Click on "Create Account" and complete the required fields in order to start your application.
Additionally, please read the information below carefully and we recommend that you review this information before you begin your application as well. Although, some sections of the NursingCAS application are marked "optional" please follow the guidelines below for the University of South Carolina Beaufort's requirements and note that your application will not be considered until ALL elements listed below as "Required for USC Beaufort" are completed and submitted.
Application Steps and Admission Requirements
Complete the NursingCAS Application and all the application requirements outlined below. In addition, all applicants seeking admission to the program must complete the following:
- Students must first be admitted to the University before being admitted to the Nursing Department. If you are not yet admitted to the University then:
- Submit an application to USC-Beaufort online at uscb.edu or if you are at a USC campus other than Beaufort, submit a "change in campuses" form to Student Services
- Academic history including overall and Science GPA
- Number of courses successfully completed toward the major
- Successful completion of pre-requisite courses. (Pre-requisite courses may taken during the Fall semester - after application submission - but must be successfully completed for full acceptance into the BSN program)
- A 'C' grade or above on all sciences and Nursing courses with a maximum of one science or one Nursing course repeated once to earn a minimum of 'C'
Please review the pre nursing requirements by clicking here.
Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above and an overall science GPA of 2.75 or above (A&P I and II and Microbiology).**
- * You must have completed at least 41 pre-requisite hours, including all science courses, by the end of the fall semester for entry into the spring BSN major.
- ** If your GPA falls below a 3.00 at the end of the fall semester, your acceptance into the BSN major will be withdrawn.
Items to be mailed to NursingCAS & submitted via NursingCAS
- All official transcripts (even if you are currently enrolled at USC Beaufort) must
be mailed from the issuing institution's registrar's office directly to NursingCAS.
In order to expedite the processing be sure to include the Transcript Request Form. NursingCAS processes your transcripts on behalf of the university. NursingCAS cannot
process transcripts stamped with "Issued to Student" and must come mailed directly
from the institution (payment must be included with request). See transcript deadline
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
- Submit 2 letters of reference via NursingCAS as well. Follow the submission instructions on the checklist below.
- NursingCAS Application Checklist
- USC Beaufort's NursingCAS Requirements
Applicant Information Section
- Biographic Information: Required
- Personal Data: Required
- Additional Information: Required.
Input your USCB assigned VIP ID number in this section.
- Parent and Family Information: Not required
- Background Information: Required
- Secondary (High) School, Colleges Attended & College Degrees: Required
- Coursework: Required. Be sure to have a copy of your transcript(s) in hand in order to complete this section.
All college level course work (including in-progress course work) must be entered into the application in this
section. Detailed instructions on how to accurately complete this section are posted
here. This will be the most time-consuming aspect of the application process. You should
visit your application frequently to update your electronic transcript.
If you would rather have NursingCAS staff enter in your coursework data on your behalf then you have the option of paying an additional fee to use the Coursework Entry Service. Click here to learn more about the service.
The data entered into this section is used to calculate GPAs in order to make admissions decisions. Learn more here.
- Professional Experience: Required, if applicable. If applicable, input LPN license data in the "Licensure" section. Select "Licensure" from the drop down menu and click on "Add". If applicable, input your CNA certification in the "Certifications" section under "Other". Select "Licensure" from the drop down menu and click on "Add".
- References: Required. Request that 2 references be submitted electronically on your behalf from your reference writer via NursingCAS by completing the "References" section of the application. The reference writer should address your potential as a nurse.
- Personal Statement: Required
- Document Upload: Not Required
- Privacy Statement: Required
- Designations: Required. In this section you will select University of South Carolina Beaufort's BSN program to apply to, search or scroll to find our school listing and click on box underneath apply and hit "Submit". If USC-Beaufort is the only school you apply to through NursingCAS then you will be charged $45. If it's the second school you apply to through NursingCAS then you be will charged $30. Access FAQs on payment here.
- The deadline for application submission to the BSN program is August 1, 2020.
NOTE: Official transcripts and all other application materials must be in NursingCAS' possession by August 1, 2020 - otherwise your application will not be considered.
Monitor the Status of Your Application:
The "My Messages" section of the NursingCAS application will include any messages that NursingCAS or a school has sent to you. Please check your "My Messages" to see if you have received any vital information about your application. Messages will be sent to the "My Messages" inbox and your personal email address that you created your account with.
Use the "Quick Status Menu" options to check to see your Transcript(s), Reference(s), or Payment(s) have been received after you submit them. To check to see which Designations you have selected (in other words programs you have applied to) by clicking on the Designations option under the Quick Status menu. The GPA Calculations option under the Quick Status menu will display any GPA calculations NursingCAS has generated for you based on the coursework data you entered. Your application has been "verified" once your GPA Calculations are complete. Learn more about "verification".
Contact and Help Information
For questions regarding the NursingCAS application please contact NursingCAS support via phone at 617-612-2880 Monday – Thursday 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM Eastern Time and Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Eastern Time and via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or post questions to NursingCAS by following their Twitter and/or Facebook accounts. Detailed instructions and FAQs are available too. Instructional videos are posted on the NursingCAS YouTube channel.
For questions please contact the nursing department at email@example.com or 843-208-8124.