Spring 2019 application period is closed!
USCB Nursing Program Information
Kaplan Entrance Exam Testing
Applicants must complete the Kaplan Entrance Exam and achieve a successful score for admission into the BSN program.
The USCB Pre-licensure BSN program is reviewing its admission policies for future applicants. While USCB values the individual scores for each component of the Kaplan Admission Test, we recognize meeting each and every benchmark can be intimidating.
Effective immediately, individuals applying for entry into the BSN program for 2019 will be reviewed with a modified approach to the Kaplan Assessment Test Scores. It is recommended but not required that applicants meet or exceed scores in all categories. The greatest emphasis will be placed on the Overall Score and the Science Score.
Policies related to GPA and other requirements remain unchanged. Consistent with past practice, applicants do have the option to take the Kaplan Admission Test up to two times; however, you must wait at least 2 weeks before retesting. If you have already registered to take the exam twice - and the second testing date falls within two weeks of your first test - you will need to change it to reflect a date outside the two week wait period. If you have questions please call the Nursing Department at 843-208-8124.
PLEASE sign-up and confirm your seat at
*All Testing will be in SciTech Room #123*
|Thursday, 4 April 2019 - 3:00 to 6:00 pm
Thursday, 11 April 2019 - 3:00 to 6:00 pm
Saturday, 20 April 2019 - 9:00 to 12:00 pm
Saturday, 27 April 2019 - 9:00 to 12:00 pm
Thursday, 16 May 2019 - 3:00 to 6:00 pm
|Thursday, 23 May 2019 - 3:00 to 6:00 pm
*Saturday, 1 June 2019 - 9:00 to 12:00 pm
Thursday, 13 June 2019 - 3:00 to 6:00 pm
Thursday, 27 June 2019 - 3:00 to 6:00 pm
Thursday, 11 July 2019 - 3:00 to 6:00 pm
*Due to an administrative error the Kaplan Exam that was scheduled for Saturday, June 1st was not administered*
The following 3 MAKE-UP testing dates are being offered for those students that were registered to test on June 1st - but were unable:
Monday, 3 June - 1pm to 4pm
Wednesday, 5 June - 9am to 12pm
Saturday, 8 June - 9am to 12 PM
Testing location remains the same - SciTech Room 123. If you have questions please contact Jerry Chastain, Administrative Assistant, USCB Nursing Department at 843-208-8124.
NursingCAS Instructions for University of South Carolina Beaufort
Note: Applications to the Pre-licensure Program Track are now being processed through NursingCAS. NursingCAS is the online, centralized application service for nursing schools. You can use NursingCAS to apply to USC Beaufort and other participating schools. NursingCAS processes your application and transcripts on behalf of the university.
Applicants interested in the BSN program should apply through NursingCAS. To access the NursingCAS 3.0 application, use the following link: http://nursingcas.liaisoncas.com. Visit and click "Apply Here" to initiate your application. Click on "Create Account" and complete the required fields in order to start your application.
Additionally, please read the information below carefully and we recommend that you review this information before you begin your application as well. Although, some sections of the NursingCAS application are marked "optional" please follow the guidelines below for the University of South Carolina Beaufort's requirements and note that your application will not be considered until ALL elements listed below as "Required for USC Beaufort" are completed and submitted.
Application Steps and Admission Requirements
Complete the NursingCAS Application and all the application requirements outlined below. In addition, all applicants seeking admission to the program must complete the following:
- Students must first be admitted to the University before being admitted to the Nursing Department. If you are not yet admitted to the University then:
- Submit an application to USC-Beaufort online at uscb.edu or if you are at a USC campus other than Beaufort, submit a "change in campuses" form to Student Services
- Academic history including overall and Science GPA
- Acceptable benchmark scores on the Nursing Admission test
- Number of courses successfully completed toward the major
- Successful completion of pre-requisite courses. (Pre-requisite courses may taken during the Fall semester - after application submission - but must be successfully completed for full acceptance into the BSN program)
- A 'C' grade or above on all sciences and Nursing courses with a maximum of one science or one Nursing course repeated once to earn a minimum of 'C'
Please review the pre nursing requirements by clicking here.
Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above and an overall science GPA of 2.75 or above (all collegiate science coursework, i.e., biology, chemistry, physics, etc.).**
- * You must have completed at least 43 pre-requisite hours, including all science courses, by the end of the fall semester for entry into the spring BSN major.
- ** If your GPA falls below a 3.00 at the end of the fall semester, your acceptance into the BSN major will be withdrawn.
Items to be mailed to NursingCAS & submitted via NursingCAS
- All official transcripts (even if you are currently enrolled at USC Beaufort) must
be mailed from the issuing institution's registrar's office directly to NursingCAS.
In order to expedite the processing be sure to include the Transcript Request Form. NursingCAS processes your transcripts on behalf of the university. NursingCAS cannot
process transcripts stamped with "Issued to Student" and must come mailed directly
from the institution (payment must be included with request). See transcript deadline
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
- Submit 2 letters of reference via NursingCAS as well. Follow the submission instructions on the checklist below.
- NursingCAS Application Checklist
- USC Beaufort's NursingCAS Requirements
Applicant Information Section
- Biographic Information: Required
- Personal Data: Required
- Additional Information: Required.
Input your USCB assigned VIP ID number in this section.
- Parent and Family Information: Not required
- Background Information: Required
- Secondary (High) School, Colleges Attended & College Degrees: Required
- Coursework: Required. Be sure to have a copy of your transcript(s) in hand in order to complete this section.
All college level course work (including in-progress course work) must be entered into the application in this
section. Detailed instructions on how to accurately complete this section are posted
here. This will be the most time-consuming aspect of the application process. You should
visit your application frequently to update your electronic transcript.
If you would rather have NursingCAS staff enter in your coursework data on your behalf then you have the option of paying an additional fee to use the Coursework Entry Service. Click here to learn more about the service.
The data entered into this section is used to calculate GPAs in order to make admissions decisions. Learn more here.
- Professional Experience: Required, if applicable. If applicable, input LPN license data in the "Licensure" section. Select "Licensure" from the drop down menu and click on "Add". If applicable, input your CNA certification in the "Certifications" section under "Other". Select "Licensure" from the drop down menu and click on "Add".
- References: Required. Request that 2 references be submitted electronically on your behalf from your reference writer via NursingCAS by completing the "References" section of the application. The reference writer should address your potential as a nurse.
- Personal Statement: Required
- Document Upload: Not Required
- Privacy Statement: Required
- Designations: Required. In this section you will select University of South Carolina Beaufort's BSN program to apply to, search or scroll to find our school listing and click on box underneath apply and hit "Submit". If USC-Beaufort is the only school you apply to through NursingCAS then you will be charged $45. If it's the second school you apply to through NursingCAS then you be will charged $30. Access FAQs on payment here.
- The deadline for application submission to the BSN program is 1 August 2018.
NOTE: Official transcripts must be in NursingCAS' possession by 17 August 2018 -- otherwise your application will not be considered.
Monitor the Status of Your Application:
The "My Messages" section of the NursingCAS application will include any messages that NursingCAS or a school has sent to you. Please check your "My Messages" to see if you have received any vital information about your application. Messages will be sent to the "My Messages" inbox and your personal email address that you created your account with.
Use the "Quick Status Menu" options to check to see your Transcript(s), Reference(s), or Payment(s) have been received after you submit them. To check to see which Designations you have selected (in other words programs you have applied to) by clicking on the Designations option under the Quick Status menu. The GPA Calculations option under the Quick Status menu will display any GPA calculations NursingCAS has generated for you based on the coursework data you entered. Your application has been "verified" once your GPA Calculations are complete. Learn more about "verification".
Contact and Help Information
For questions regarding the NursingCAS application please contact NursingCAS support via phone at 617-612-2880 Monday – Thursday 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM Eastern Time and Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Eastern Time and via email at email@example.com.
Or post questions to NursingCAS by following their Twitter and/or Facebook accounts. Detailed instructions and FAQs are available too. Instructional videos are posted on the NursingCAS YouTube channel.
For questions please contact the nursing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-208-8124.