- Thomas, N., & Erdei+, R.. Stemming Stereotype Threat: Recruitment, Retention, and Degree Attainment in STEM Fields for Undergraduates from Underrepresented Backgrounds. To be presented at, and included in Proceedings of, the Collaborative Network for Engineering and Computing Diversity (CoNECD) 2018 Conference, Crystal City, VA, April 2018. (+ CSci faculty).
- Erdei, R.+, Whittinghill, D., & Springer, J. (2017). An Impact Comparison of Two Instructional Scaffolding Strategies Employed in our Programming Laboratories: Employment of a Supplemental Teaching Assistant versus Employment of the Pair Programming Methodology. Presented at, and included in Proceedings of, the IEEE Frontiers in Education (FiE) 2017 Conference, Indianapolis, IN (October 2017).
- Xiaomei Zhang+ and Guohong Cao, "Transient Community Detection and Its Application to Data Forwarding in Delay Tolerant Networks," IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 25.5 (2017): 2829-2843.
- Staton, J.L., Canada+, B.A., Borgianini, S. A., Barkel, K. M., Colonization of coastal and estuarine environments, in G. Poole & M. Thiel (Eds.), The Natural History of Crustacea, Volume V (tentative title), New York: Oxford University Press, 2017. [to appear; currently under revision and editorial review].
- Tian F, Liu B, Sun X, Zhang Xiaomei+, Cao G, and Gui L, "Movement-Based Incentive for Crowdsourcing," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 66.8 (2017): 7223- 7233.
- Xiaomei Zhang+, Yibo Wu, Lifu Huang, Heng Ji, Guohong Cao, "Expertise-Aware Truth Analysis and Task Allocation in Mobile Crowdsourcing," IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), 2017.
- Xiaomei Zhang+, Yibo Wu and GuohongCao, "Resource-Aware Approaches for Truth Analysis in Crowdsourcing," In Proceedings of the 13th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS), 2016.
- Yibo Wu, Yi Wang, Wenjie Hu, Xiaomei Zhang+, and Guohong Cao, "Resource-Aware Photo Crowdsourcing Through Delay Tolerant Networks," In Proceedings of the 36th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), 2016.
- Swati DebRoy+, Austin Mishoe*, Olivia Prosper and Anuj Mubayi. "Challenges in Modeling Complexity of Neglected Tropical Diseases: Assessment of Visceral Leishmaniasis Dynamics in Resource Limited Settings". (Under review)
- Xuwei Liang+ and J. Wang, "A Fiber Tract Clustering Framework to Facilitate Group Analysis in DT-MRI", Journal of Medical Engineering (JME) (Under review)
- Pawelek KA, Dor D Jr, Salmeron C*, Handel A, "Within-Host Models of High and Low Pathogenic Influenza Virus Infections: The Role of Macrophages." PLoS One. 11(2):e0150568. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0150568. 2016.
- Liang X. and W. J., "Modeling and Clustering of White Matter Fiber Tracts in DTI using Fourier Descriptors", the annual Special Issue on "Advanced Medical Image Analysis 2016," published in Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, Volume 2016 (2016) .
- Pawelek KA, Salmeron C*, and Del-Valle S. "Connecting within and between-hosts dynamics in the influenza infection-staged epidemiological models with behavior change." J. of Coupled Systems and Multiscale Dynamics, doi:10.1166/jcsmd.2015.1082, Vol. 3(3)/2330-152X/2015/233/011. 2015.
- Pawelek KA, Niehaus P, Salmeron C*, Hager EJ, Hunt GJ. "Modeling Dynamics of Culex pipiens Complex Populations and Assessing Abatement Strategies for West Nile Virus." PLoS ONE 9(9): e108452. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0108452. 2014. online: http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0108452#s5
- Yiming Ji, Lee Fair. "Intelligent Activity Awareness Systems - New Classification Method and Comparison Study," in International Journal of Computational Research, Vol. 2, No. 4, Horizon Research Publishing, USA. 2014. Online: http://www.hrpub.org/journals/jour_info.php?id=38.\
- Yiming Ji, Lee Fair.* "Sensor Feature Analysis - A Study of Mobile Activity Awareness for Smart Health and Wellbeing," International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS), Hong Kong, Dec. 19-21, 2013. (* undergraduate research assistant).
- Yiming Ji. "Dynamic 3-D Indoor Radio Propagation Model and Applications with Radios from 433MHZ to 2.4GHz," in International Journal of Communications, Network and System Sciences, Vol. 5, No. 11, Page 753-766, Nov. 2012. [The paper was downloaded 319 times from Nov. 2012 to Sept. 17, 2013, online: http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?PaperID=24673]
- Yiming Ji, Player Robert.* "A 3-D Indoor Radio Propagation Model for WiFi and RFID," in the 9th ACM International Symposium on Mobility Management and Wireless Access (MobiWac 2011), Miami, FL, Oct 31 - Nov. 4, 2011. (One of 15 accepted regular papers, acceptance rate 25.8%) (* undergraduate research assistant).
- Yiming Ji, Austin Canfield.* "SolarEscort: A Self-Dependent Positioning and Information System," in 4th IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology (IEEE ICCSIT 2011), June 10-12, Chengdu, China, 2011. (Acceptance rate 28%) (* undergraduate research assistant
NSF EPSCoR RII Track-1, Computational Science and Modelling in Materials Engineering [Sub-award of the NSF “RII Track 1: Materials Assembly and Design Excellence in South Carolina: MADE in SC”, Award # OIA-1655740]. (2017-22 $898,037.00). "... MADE in SC will lead to high impact discoveries and have a significant translational impact on SC educational institutions, playing a critical role in the economic growth and vitality of the state and nation, and positioning MADE in SC among the most capable academic organizations for materials research in the world..."
- ASPIRE-II project: Building a USC Interdisciplinary Team to Study the Impacts of Anthropogenic Noise on the Behavior of Marine Organisms (Dr. E. Montie (USCB Biology), Y. Ji (CSci), and M. Kimball (USC Columbia) (2017-18, $100,000.00) "... to build an interdisciplinary team to study marine soundscapes and their responses to human stressors by bringing together the expertise in passive acoustics (Montie Lab), computational science and signal detection (Ji Lab), and active acoustics (Kimball Lab)..."
- NSF EPSCoR RII Track-2 Project: Bridging Cognitive Science and Neuroscience Using Innovative Imaging Technologies (2015-2019, $149,860.00) "... to build a research infrastructure (equipment, analytics, personnel) that will formulate universal rules relating neural activity and hemodynamic responses in the brain..."
- NSF S-STEM project: Enabling the Future: Scholarships in Computational Science (CSci) (2013-2019, $601,650.00) "... to generate educational opportunities for talented students in need of financial assistance, and thus it has significant implications for long-term economic growth in the South Carolina LowCountry region ..."
- NSF EPSCoR project: Computational Science at the University of South Carolina Beaufort (2009-2016, $673,245.00) "... Our Computational Science undergraduate degree program will place USCB students on the cutting edge of sciences and mathematics for the future. Our students, our faculty, our region and the state will be the beneficiaries." (comments from Chancellor Dr. Jane T. Upshaw ) [More info...]
- NSF NeTS project: Dynamic Indoor Location Computing and Benchmarking (2009-2012, $184,495.00) "... transforms indoor location determination systems from high cost, labor intensive, imprecise, and static technologies to an affordable, automated, accurate, and dynamic system. ... will help attract, educate and retain talented undergraduate students and also motivate them for higher studies. (Students involved in the project: Robert Player, Brian McClure) [More info...]
- SolarEscort project "... is directed toward the use of a methodology and system and/or device to obtain the geographic location and other information for a mobile user in both indoor and outdoor environment. The purpose is to provide a low cost and self-dependent mechanism for location determination, navigation, and other information services without the dependence on any existing communication networks and/or power supply networks." (Students involved in the project: Austin Canfield)
- Magellan Scholar Award by SC Research Foundation Congratulations to Robert Player, who won the Magellan Scholar award from the SC Research Foundation. This one-year award will start on May 1, 2010, and will end on April 30, 2011. [More about the Magellan Scholar program...]
- Distributed Research Experiences for Undergraduates (DREU) Congratulations to Jonathan Bello-Mejia, one of approximately 45 students selected from more than 400 applications for DREU summer research. [More about DREU...]