The Beaufort College Honors (BCH) Admissions
Tracing its heritage to the 1795 chartering of Beaufort College, the University of South Carolina Beaufort invites qualifying incoming freshmen to participate in the Beaufort College Honors (BCH) program. As a BCH student, you will live and learn as a residential cohort at USCB’s historic, riverfront campus in downtown Beaufort. Your collegiate experience will be enriched through enhanced instruction and mentoring from renowned faculty, as well as strengthened by the sense of community and engagement that cohort-style education has been proven to cultivate.
- Admission is open to students of all majors.
- Program-specific cohorts in Biology and Nursing.
- BCH students will begin their cohort experience on the Beaufort Campus for 1-2 years, depending on major, before transitioning to the main campus in Bluffton to complete their program.
- BCH students majoring in History, Marine Biology, and Studio Art will complete their program entirely on the Beaufort campus.
BCH Early Admission*
- Students can indicate their interest in admission to Beaufort College Honors on their USCB application for freshman admission. The application priority deadline for BCH admission is December 1st.
- Students who do not meet the December 1st deadline may still be considered for admission on a space-available basis after December 1st.
*Students must first be admitted to USCB in order to be considered for BCH admission.
- South Carolina Residents: The Beaufort College Honors Scholarship awards $2,000 per year for up to four years. Students are required to live in Beaufort on-campus housing (for 1-2 years, depending on major) and be admitted to the BCH program to qualify.
- Out-of-State Students: The Residential Scholarship awards students the in-state tuition rate and an additional $500 per year for up to four years. Students are required to live in Beaufort on-campus housing (for 1-2 years, depending on major).
- 1795 Scholarship: This external scholarship awards eligible students with a $1,000 per semester scholarship to be applied toward their housing on USCB’s Beaufort campus. For more information and to apply, please visit 1795scholarship.com.
*Scholarships are based on availability of funds and include additional requirements to maintain eligibility.
• Minimum GPA (3.0) to stay in BCH and keep scholarship
• Students can switch cohorts (majors) if they have the minimum GPA
• Nursing students have to maintain a Science GPA of 2.75 in order to remain in the Nursing cohort
BCH students live on the USCB's Beaufort campus in new "apartment style" campus housing. For more information about the USCB's Beaufort housing, please see the Housing website.
Schedule a visit
Click Here to Schedule a Visit for the Beaufort Campus.
Beaufort Campus Address:
801 Carteret Street
Beaufort, South Carolina 29902