The South Carolina Hope Scholarship is a one-year merit based scholarship created for eligible first-time entering freshmen attending an eligible four-year institution in South Carolina. Eligible full-time students may receive the following award: Up to $2,800 (including a $300 book allowance) toward the cost of attendance for a maximum of two terms. Please review the South Carolina HOPE Scholarship eligibility requirements.
In order to be considered for the HOPE Scholarship, students must meet the following general eligibility requirements:
- You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen under state residency statutes.
- You must be a South Carolina resident at the time of high school graduation and during the period of award.
- You must have graduated from a South Carolina high school or graduated from a high school outside of South Carolina while a dependent of a parent or legal guardian who is a legal resident.
- You must be a full-time, first-year undergraduate student seeking your first baccalaureate degree.
- You must not be receiving the South Carolina Palmetto Fellows or LIFE Scholarships.
- You must not have been judged delinquent, nor have been convicted or pled guilty or nolo contendere to any felony in any state.
- You must not have been convicted of any alcohol or drug-related misdemeanor in any state within the past academic year.
- You must not be in default or owe a refund or repayment on any Federal or State financial aid.
- You must have a 3.00 final high school grade point average based on the Uniform Grading Policy.
- You may access further, more detailed information and other provisions on the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education website.
Contact the Office of Financial Aid
The school code for USCB: 003450