Discover Academic Distinction
At the University of South Carolina Beaufort, students do more than take notes. They’re actively discovering their powerful futures.
And the impressive results are easy to see. From teachers and nurses throughout our communities, to successful careers at Fortune 500 companies and even in the White House, our academic programs prepare graduates to achieve their goals in life.
Points of Pride
- USCB faculty have earned degrees from prestigious institutions across the US, including: University of Chicago, MIT, Purdue University, Harvard, University of Wisconsin, Auburn University, Vanderbilt, Indiana University, Emory, Universities of Alabama, Florida, Maryland, Kentucky and South Carolina, NC State, Rutgers.
- USCB faculty are experienced mentors who have chosen to focus on undergraduate teaching and research in the sea islands. They were attracted to USCB from faculty roles at University of Chicago, Northwestern University, Yale, University of Georgia, University of Tennessee, Southern Illinois University, Louisiana State University Medical Center, and Mississippi State University.
- You’ll be taught by faculty who have been recognized as experts and leaders in their field with numerous awards and publications.
- In the last five years, USCB’s research program in Environmental Health Science has received over $1.5 million in funding to conduct research on the environmental sustainability of military firing and bombing ranges on the Eastern seaboard.
- Over the past five years, the Town of Bluffton and Beaufort County have provided nearly $900,000 to support applied research by USCB faculty on water quality issues of relevance to the Lowcountry.
- In 2010, USCB received a $1 million dollar award as part of the SC INBRE (IDeA Networks of Biomedical Research Excellence) program, funded by the National Institutes of Health. This network that enhances biomedical-research infrastructure and increases competitiveness of researchers in South Carolina.
- USCB was one of a group of 10 South Carolina universities that received a $20 million dollar grant from the National Science Foundation EPSCoR program in 2009, for research and workforce development in the area of tissue biofabrication. This award has allowed USCB to start a degree program in Computational Science, one of only a handful of undergraduate computational science programs in the country.
USCB faculty, staff and students earned the Organization of the Year Award from Hilton Head Island/Bluffton Chamber of Commerce --recognizing university leadership in the region in building a baccalaureate university over the past decade and over 16,000 hours of community service work in a single year. 2012.
USCB faculty, alumni and students earned the Regional Economic Impact Civitas Award from the Beaufort Regional Chamber of Commerce—recognizing the impact of faculty, student and alumni leadership, research initiatives and community service work in changing the economic future of the sea islands region. 2011.
- The University of South Carolina Beaufort is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award baccalaureate and associate degrees.
- USCB’s Early Childhood Education and Elementary Education majors are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- USCB’s Education department is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teaching Education (NCATE).
- USCB’s Nursing department is accredited through The Collegiate Commission on Nursing Education (CCNE) and it also has full approval by the South Carolina Board of Nursing.
Contact the Office of Admissions
University of South Carolina Beaufort
Phone (843) 208-8055