International Students at USCB
Students from all around the world discover their home away from home at the University of South Carolina Beaufort.
- We work with international students every day. We attract students from countries such as Austria, Bolivia, Germany, India, Republic of Korea, South Africa, United Kingdom, and more.
- We're affordable.
- Our campus living is incredible. You're going to be far away from home, and what better way to live than at Palmetto Village, where our ten apartment style residence halls have full kitchens, and free in-room laundry.
- You'll love our state-of-the-art facilities. Most facilities have been built within the past 10 years. That means our classrooms have the latest technologies to better help you learn.
- We're in the heart of it all. USCB is situated between Charleston, S.C., and Savannah, Ga., two vibrant cities that are known for their art, culture, entertainment, history, and shopping, and both campuses are just a short distance from Hilton Head Island and the Atlantic Ocean.
- You are supported from day one. At USCB, you are welcomed into a diverse and vibrant community where you will have an impact and help shape our culture.
Five Easy Steps to Apply to USCB
- Apply online
- Applicants who have completed coursework, high school/secondary or university-level,
outside of the United States will need to have a course-by-course evaluation of transcripts
completed and forwarded to the University of South Carolina Beaufort by a service,
which may include one of the following or a service that is certified by the National
Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the American Translators
Offices in Houston, TX; New York, NY; Miami, FL' Los Angeles, CA
Please see website for address and phone numbers
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores (550 on the standard, 213 on
the computer-based version or 77 on the internet based TOEFL). OR send official IELTS test score. IELTS scores for admissions requires at least a 6.0. These tests is required for all international students except those whose native
language is English.
The following countries are exempt from the TOEFL requirement:
Canada (note: Quebec students must take the TOEFL)
- SAT or ACT scores; The SAT and ACT tests the students ability to complete college based courses. SAT or ACT is required for all students. A score of at least 880 on the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (ERW) combined with the Math section for SAT tests taken after March 2016 or a score of at least 800 combined on Critical Reading and Math for tests taken before March 2016. A score of at least 17 Composite on the ACT is required.
- Submit certificate of support.
Contact the Office of Admissions
University of South Carolina Beaufort
Phone (843) 208-8055