Picture of students using computers in the library

Visa Process

Once your application is complete with your official documentation, we will make an admissions decision on your application. We will send you an official letter of acceptance or denial. 

Once you are accepted and have paid the enrollment deposit, you will be issued an I-20 form. The I-20 form is an immigration document stating that you have been accepted into an academic degree program here at the University of South Carolina Beaufort. You should pay your SEVIS fee once you have received your I-20 form from us. 

You can then apply for a student visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate office. This visa stamp in your passport will show your visa status (F-1) while you are here in the United States. You are permitted to enter the country within 30 days of the start of your program stated on your I-20 form, but no earlier. You should always have your I-20 form and passport with you, at all times while in the United States.