Military & Veterans
The University of South Carolina Beaufort is proud to offer this country’s brave service members the chance to discover powerful futures at our Historic Beaufort and Hilton Head Gateway campuses. Our programs offer active duty, veterans, and spouses the opportunities to further their education while balancing active careers and family needs.
As you start to discover USCB, keep a few things in mind.
- We’re a military friendly school. This means our three campuses have been designated among the best when it comes to educating military students.
- We’re part of the Yellow Ribbon Program. Through a partnership with the Department of Veterans Affairs and USCB—via the Post-9/11 GI Bill—extra funds are available for eligible personnel.
- We offer Associate Degrees just for military. As an Active-Duty member of the military, you can earn an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science degree, or a Baccalaureate degree in one of our 16 majors.
- We have a reduced tuition plan for active military. Any active duty military member receiving tuition assistance is eligible. The only out-of-pocket costs will be for textbooks.
- We reward your experience. Academic credit may be awarded at USCB for educational experiences in the military.
- Your dependents are eligible for a variety of USCB scholarships.
- We understand your experience. As an institution close to three military bases—the Marine Corps Recruit Depots, the Marine Corps Air Station, and the United States Naval Hospital—we’ve been able to work closely with military personnel since our inception and stand ready to help you discover your powerful future.
- Student Led Veterans Organization - Students come together for camaraderie and support through the local chapter of Student Veterans of America (SVA) - http://www.thesandsharkveterans.com/
Contact the Office of Admissions
If you have any general questions that you can't find the answer to on our website about Military Programs, please contact us at 843-368-8211 or email Michael Weiss, firstname.lastname@example.org, Director of Military Programs.
University of South Carolina Beaufort
Phone (843) 208-8055