Lambda Pi Eta
Alpha Delta Sigma Chapter, University of South Carolina Beaufort
Lambda Pi Eta, the official honor society of the National Communication Association, was founded by the students of the Department of Communication at the University of Arkansas in 1985. In February 1996, Lambda Pi Eta was inducted into the Association of College Honor Societies. Today, there are almost 700 chapters of Lambda Pi Eta nationwide.
The Alpha Delta Sigma Chapter of Lambda Pi Eta was chartered by the Communication Studies program at USCB in 2016. Eligible students must meet rigorous requirements that represent the highest level of academic achievement within the discipline. These requirements include:
- Completion of 60 semester hours in undergraduate courses;
- A cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 3.0;
- Completion of the equivalent of 12 semester hours in Communication Studies courses with a Grade Point Average of at least 3.25 in those courses;
- Be in the upper 35% of their graduating class;
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student in good standing with the institution.
For more information on Lambda Pi Eta, visit https://www.amgnational.org/