Career Services strives to connect students and employers in multiple ways. HIRE USCB is our online job posting system powered by Purple Briefcase. If you are an employer, please create an account so that you can post your open positions. If you are a student, create an account to find out about career opportunities such as part-time jobs, internships, and entry-level positions! Instructions are below:
Do you already have an employer account with Purple Briefcase at another school? You can connect with our school by entering the code BEAU144.
Are you an employer who would like to open a new Purple Briefcase account? We welcome you! If our university is the only school you plan to post jobs to, then we encourage you to opt for the FREE Purple Briefcase account. The FREE account will likely meet your job posting needs.
Are you currently a University of South Carolina Beaufort student? An alum? Please click here to activate your HIRE USCB account and begin searching for job and internships opportunities specifically for USCB students and alumni. Activating your account will also give you access to develop a visual profile that will showcase your work history, academic accolades, and extracurricular information. The visual profile is a new and unique way to share your info with employers, but it does not replace a traditional résumé. Your visual profile serves as a platform for employers to experience what you have to offer, and provides them with access to your résumé.
If you are unsure about what major you should choose, this tool will help you explore your options and understand career paths that you can follow.
"What Can I Do With This Major"
Connect your major with possible careers!
This tool can help you discover majors you may wish to pursue along with employers and strategies to land a job in that field. As you are exploring your options, engage in discussions with fellow students about what they like and dislike about their majors, as well as requirements and favorite courses. Reviewing the USCB academic department websites that outline courses offered and faculty in the program is also important. Take the time to talk to your academic advisor to make sure you are aware of the requirements for completing your chosen major. Don't forget to meet with the Career Services staff to discuss majors that interest you and how you'll develop skills that relate to the world of work. Click one of the majors below to find out what you can do with that major!
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Concentration in Biomedical Sciences
- Business Administration
- Concentration in Coastal Ecology and Conservation
- Computational Science
- Health Promotion
- Hospitality Management
- Human Services
Additional Career Exploration Resources
- Truity provides online job aptitude tests and the basic results are free. An aptitude test matches personality, talents, and interests to real-life jobs.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) of the U.S. Department of Labor is the principal federal agency responsible for measuring labor market activity, working conditions, and price changes in the economy. Its mission is to collect, analyze, and disseminate essential economic information to support public and private decision making.
- O-NET OnLine is a tool for career exploration and job analysis. O-NET OnLine has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development, human resource professionals, students, researchers, and more!
- CareerOneStop is the flagship career, training, and job search website for the U.S. Department of Labor. The website serves job seekers, businesses, students, and career advisors with a variety of free online tools, information and resources including career assessments.
USCB Career Services
Library 209; 1 University Boulevard; Bluffton, SC 29909
Office: (843) 208-8263; Email: AR60@uscb.edu