What Career Services Offers to Faculty
Classroom/Student Organization Meeting Presentations
Looking for topics and presenters for your next class or meeting? Career Services would appreciate the opportunity to present to your class or organization, and are prepared to cover a variety of topics. Visit www.uscb.edu/careerservices and click on request a presentation.
Possible presentations include:
- Career Services overview
- Choosing a major
- Career options for specific majors
- Selecting a graduate school and completing the application process
- Job search techniques
- Writing and perfecting your resume
- Preparing for interviews
- Planning for the Career Fair
- Building your resume with internships, volunteering, and part-time jobs
- Finding part-time jobs on or off campus
Topics may be combined, or we can work with you to develop a specific program for
your class or group. Most of these presentations require a minimum of one half hour
to one hour. A minimum of 2 weeks advance notice is required.
Building Career Skills for your Departments/Majors/Minors
By joining us in presenting student programming, we can offer events that are most relevant to students in your Departments/Majors/Minors. Partnership opportunities could include but are not limited to:
- Career education workshops and panels: From career goals to self-assessment, these sessions help students define their direction.
- Alumni speakers: Invite alumni to visit USCB to share their experiences.
- Industry information sessions: From job options to academic and career paths, students learn about the pathways into specific fields.
Going to a conference or meeting and need a substitute teacher to cover for you?
Career Services can help you by stepping into your classes as a substitute teacher.
Rather than cancel class, we can hand out in class assignments or other class materials.
Of course we will take this opportunity to plug Career Services and connect with
your students. Two weeks advance notice is required and is based upon availability.
To arrange this please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Helping students connect with Career Services
Career Services Website: www.uscb.edu/careerservices
Make an appointment: www.uscb.edu/careerservices/bookappointment
Appointments are held at Bluffton Campus, Library Room 209, unless an appointment is specifically requested to be held at the Historic Beaufort Campus.
HIRE USCB Career Services is proud to announce that this summer we launched a new and more powerful career and job/internship posting website: HIRE USCB. HIRE USCB has an exciting new look, more powerful tools, and more ways for employers to connect with students and alumni. Purple Briefcase, the power behind our new system, is a cutting-edge career network used by many universities throughout the country. The link to access HIRE USCB can be found at www.uscb.edu/careerservices.
- Facebook: Job opportunities, career-help related articles, and career events are shared at https://www.facebook.com/careerservicesuscb
- Twitter: Job openings and career-help related articles can be found at https://twitter.com/USCBCareerServ
- Pinterest: A veritable gold mine of career related help/advice, etc. Check it out! http://pinterest.com/uscbcareer/
- Remind USCB Students, Alumni, Faculty and Staff can sign up for REMIND to get notifications of Job and Internship opportunities as well as upcoming events:
How you can help Career Services help your students:
- Identify alumni who may want to participate in career panels/events. Students love to hear from and interact with successful alumni in their fields of interest. Please refer any alumni from your program who you think would be good speakers for career-related events, and we'll follow up with them.
- Meet with employers interested in hiring your students. Employers periodically express interest in engaging key faculty from a variety of academic departments. Let us know if you'd be interested in such employer interactions and we will make the connection happen.
- Encourage your students to use Career Services. Many students seek out their faculty for career guidance which is great. Please also encourage them to also take advantage of the resources and programs we offer in Career Services.
- Include HIRE USCB and USCB Career Services links In Your Syllabus
- Promote and Support the Career Compass Squad: The Career Compass Squad is comprised of volunteer student leaders who serve as liaisons between Career Services and the student body of the University of South Carolina Beaufort.