What is it? Informal, confidential, drop-in consultations to talk about what is on your mind. No appointment. No commitment. No paperwork required.
Virtual Walk-Ins is a program that offers easy access to informal confidential consultations with counselors in the USCB Counseling and Accessibility Services office. It is not a substitute for psychotherapy or formal counseling and does NOT constitute mental health treatment. Virtual Walk-Ins provide informal consultation to help students with specific problems and to introduce them to what it is like to speak with a counselor.
No topic is off limits, but some common concerns include:
- Mood fluctuations
- Academic performance
- Family problems
- Financial Struggles
- Concerns about Another Student
Who should visit Virtual Walk-Ins?
- Students who are not sure about counseling and wonder what it is like to talk with a counselor.
- Students who are not interested in ongoing counseling but would like the perspective of a counselor.
- Students who have a specific problem and would like someone with whom to talk it through.
- Students who have a concern about a friend and want some thoughts about what to do.
Check your USCB email weekly for link, day and time.