Fall 2017 Registration is open
To register for classes online, renew your membership or pay term fees please visit: http://OLLI.USCB.edu
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
The Osher LifeLong Learning Institute (OLLI) at the University of South Carolina Beaufort is a membership-led organization that stimulates minds among people 50 years of age and older in the Lowcountry of South Carolina. OLLI offers stimulating courses, lectures, and educational travel and opportunities to meet others with similar interests. All without tests and grades!
Our affiliation with the University of South Carolina Beaufort is important to OLLI in many ways. It offers operating and technical assistance, and provides an encompassing atmosphere of intellectual development.
We offer a wide variety of classes—philosophy, history, art, music, current events, political issues, religion, science, literature, languages, and many others. Our classes are very popular. There are over 1,500 members who register for more than 13,500 hours of class time. We have three Terms; Fall (September - December), Winter/Spring (January -May) and a lighter Summer Session (June-July).
Benefits of your OLLI membership include:
- Access to special educational OLLI events and trips around the region
- Summer OLLI classes - NO registration class fee.
- Access to over 400 OLLI courses per year (additional term fee needed)
- On-line registration service available for OLLI programs
- Access to the “Community of Scholars” program at USCB’s campus libraries. You are able to check out books at USCB libraries and use the interlibrary loan service.
- Discount tickets to the MET Opera and the Chamber Music concerts at the Center For the Arts in Beaufort.
- Discount fees for Continuing Education courses such as computer & language skills
- Discount meals at the Sand Bar Dining Hall on the USCB Bluffton and Beaufort campus
- Participation in the OLLI Low Country Community Concert Band, which practices weekly
- Free parking at the USCB Gateway Campus in Bluffton (student parking areas)
- Curriculum guides, events calendar, special lecture information, e-newsletter and much more.