2018 Symposium Information
Please click the link for information on the 2018 USCB-BIFF Film & Digital Media Symposium... 2018 Symposium Web Page
USCB-BIFF Film & Digital Media Symposium 2017
Thank you to everyone who made our inaugural USCB-BIFF Film & Digital Media Symposium such a success! Here are some photos from the day sessions in CFA and the evening reception at SCETV:
The University of South Carolina at Beaufort, in conjunction with the 11th annual Beaufort International Film Festival, cordially invites you to the inaugural USCB-BIFF Film & Digital Media Symposium. Join us for one day of free and open-to-the-public presentations held on the USCB Beaufort campus and simulcast to the USCB Bluffton campus. Click here for a... Behind-the-scenes article in Lowcountry Weekly
Saturday February 18th, 10:00am-5:00pm, CFA rm 101, FREE!
Live at USCB Center for the Arts (801 Carteret St Beaufort, SC 29902) in Classroom 101, Historic Beaufort Campus, and interactive simulcast to Library 243, Bluffton campus
- 10AM | Creating 2.5D Stereoscopic Effects for an SCETV Documentary on Climate Change by Topher Maraffi, MFA, MSc, Media Arts Concentration, USCB Dept of Fine Arts.
- 11AM | Visual Film Effects on a Shoestring Budget by VW Scheich, Award Winning BIFF Filmmaker, Rareform Pictures & Locktix VFX Studio.
- Noon | Break for lunch (food and drinks provided to attendees while supplies last).
- 1PM | Integrating Mini-Documentaries in a Video Game Inspired by Gullah Culture and Lowcountry Folklore by Brian Canada, PhD, USCB Dept of Computational Science, & Candace Brasseur, MFA, Communications Director at Holy Trinity Classical Christian School.
- 2PM | Hollywood Goes to the Lowcountry: Reflections on Lewis John Carlino’s film version of The Great Santini by Jeffrey McQuillen, MA, USCB Dept of English.
- 3PM | You Can Be a Documentarian! Non-fiction Production Tips and Advice for the Amateur Filmmaker by Sean Kingsbury, PhD, USCB Dept of Communications.
- 4PM | Inspiring Young Minds with a Curriculum in Animation, Creation and Design by Christine Brown, Principal, Bluffton Elementary.
Evening Reception & SCETV Television Studio Tour, 6:00pm, FREE
SCETV Television Facility, Technical College of the Lowcountry, Beaufort Campus (921 Ribaut Rd, Beaufort, SC 29902)
- 6pm-7pm | SCETV Reception & Studio Tour at the SCETV facility on the TCL Beaufort campus hosted by George Pate (USCB Theater Arts), Topher Maraffi (USCB Media Arts), Sean Kingsbury (Communications), and Kim Sullivan (SCETV Beaufort). Doors open at 5:30pm.
- See how a television studio works and enjoy USCB Theater Arts students performing "Green Screen Improv"!
- Directions to SCETV: Coming from USCB Beaufort Campus, drive down Carteret St to downtown Beaufort. Take a right down Bay St through downtown and along the waterfront to Ribaut Rd, take a left down Ribaut to TCL campus and take the second left. The SCETV facility is on the left near the water, with a large television antenna next to it. Parking is free.
More Information on the Beaufort International Film Festival: BIFF
Topher Maraffi - 10:00am
VW Scheich - 11:00am
Brian Canada & Candace Brasseur - 1:00pm
Jeffrey McQuillen - 2:00pm
Sean Kingsbury - 3:00pm
Christine Brown - 4:00pm