Graduating Student Regalia
Grad Fair at the Shark's Cove Bookstore
Wednesday, February 20th, 2019: 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday, February 21st, 2019: 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
If you're not wearing the correct regalia, you may not be able to walk.
- Please complete the Academic Regalia Order Form and fax it to Shark's Cove Bookstore at (843) 208-8920 or deliver it in person at the bookstore's Bluffton Campus location (Campus Center Building). When you place your order, you will have two (2) choices for shipping: UPS ground or pick-up at Bluffton Campus Bookstore.
- Deadline for regalia orders online is April 17th, 2019.
- Information on USCB's Commencement Stole/Cord policy can be found here.
- Please complete the Accessory Order Form and fax it to Shark's Cove Bookstore at (843) 208-8920 or deliver it in person at the bookstore's Bluffton Campus location (Campus Center Building). When you place your order, you will have two (2) choices for shipping: UPS ground or pick-up at Bluffton Campus Bookstore.
Announcements and Class Rings
- Payment is due at the time Announcements or Class Rings are ordered, either at the Grad Fair or online.
- After the Grad Fair, Announcement or Class Ring orders must be submitted online at www.balfour.com or call (877) 225-3687.
- All Class Rings will be delivered to your home address.
- Class rings may be purchased at any time through Balfour, visit www.balfour.com or call (877) 225-3687.
Graduation with Honors
Graduation with honors will be based on a cumulative GPA calculated on the basis of all work for college credit, excluding any attempted at other institutions at any time. This calculation will include all courses attempted, not just those submitted in fulfillment of graduation requirements.
Summa Cum Laude: a cumulative GPA of 3.95-4.00 Magna Cum Laude: a cumulative GPA of 3.75-3.949 Cum Laude: a cumulative GPA of 3.50-3.749
Degree candidates who are eligible for the distinction of graduating with "cum laude, magna cum laude, or summa cum laude" honors, are entitled to wear gold honor cords as part of their commencement regalia.
The Registrar's Office verifies the honors a student has received and provides the bookstore with a current list of candidates eligible to wear honor cords in the commencement ceremony. Any questions regarding a candidate's eligibility for honors should be addressed to the Registrar's Office at (843) 208-8050.
Shark's Cove Bookstore distributes the honor cords to the recipients of "cum laude, magna cum laude, and
summa cum laude" honors. For more information, please contact Julie Lowrance at (843) 208-8020, email@example.com or www.facebook.com/SharksCoveBookstore or on Twitter: @SharksCoveBooks.