Withdrawing from USCB

At USCB our mission is to help every student meet their educational goals and obtain a four-year degree, but we understand that sometimes students need to take a break from USCB. If you plan on leaving the institution, make sure you take the necessary steps!

  1. Complete the Exit/Withdrawal Form.
  2. Set up a meeting with your academic advisor so you can discuss:
    • leaving the Institution and your future plans
    • withdrawing from current semester coursework
    • withdrawing from future courses

      It is highly recommended that you speak to your academic advisor prior to withdrawing. You can find your academic advisor's contact information in your Student Profile on Self-Service Carolina  (my.sc.edu).
  3. Meet with Financial Aid to discuss how leaving will affect your current and future aid and to get important loan repayment information. You can email them at uscbfina@uscb.edu.
  4. If you live on campus or have completed a Housing Application, complete the Housing Cancellation Form on the Housing Portal (https://uscb.starrezhousing.com/StarRezPortal/) under Housing Forms. Contact the Office of Housing and Student Conduct with any questions at housing@uscb.edu.

  5. Check with the Bursar's Office to make sure you do not have an outstanding balance. Students who leave with an outstanding balance will not be able to access their official transcript. You can call the Bursar's Office at 843-208-8008.
  6. You can order your official transcript for the purpose of transferring through my.sc.edu. Once you are logged in, click on the Student tab, then Official Records Request, then Transcript request.
  7. Review our Readmit Information to be ready if/when you decide to return to USCB.