I am the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. In 2010, I was named Professor of the Year by the AATSP-Georgia chapter. My publications on Hispanic literature and culture include the edited volume A Recipe for Discourse: Perspectives on Like Water for Chocolate (Rodopi 2010). My administrative areas of focus at USCB have included experiential learning, Honors education, internationalization, and strategic planning. Previously, at University of North Georgia, I served as VP for University Affairs and as Dean of Honors/ Graduate Studies, and led the implementation of UNG’s strategic plan. At the former Gainesville State College,I served in interim posts as AVP and Dean of the School of Humanities and Fine Arts. I am the Past President of the Georgia Council of Graduate Schools (2014-15), and I am a graduate of the University System of Georgia’s Executive Leadership Institute.
- Featured Work
PhD in Spanish Language and Literature. Florida State University
BS in Business Adminstration and Management. Georgia Institute of Technology
- Rethinking the Optional Attendance Policy.
- The Liberal Arts Can Counteract Polarisation – but There are Caveats
- Fortunes of SC's DACA Recipients Can Change in 2022
- The Plight and Promise of Regional Colleges and Universities
- Why Engaging Students in Problem Solving is Needed Now
- The Problem-Solving University
- Experiential Learning at USCB Benefits Students, Community