New User Information
Welcome to University of South Carolina Beaufort! You will use a variety of technologies during your time here. You will need to get your university computer accounts and logins setup as soon as possible. If you have not set up these previously please take a few minutes and go through these steps to set up your accounts.
Set Up Your Password for Self-Service Carolina
Self-Service Carolina (SSC) is an Intranet that provides members of the USC community (students, faculty, staff, and alumni) secure, personal access to University data.
As a First Time User, you must set your own unique password for SSC here:
- Click on “I am a new user who has never used my VIP ID and need to
establish my password.”
- Fill in all the information as requested and click “Continue”.
- After you successfully complete this online process, your password will be set and you can log into SSC with your VIP ID number (provided on your acceptance letter) and password.
- Click here for Self-Service Carolina login information.
To Find Your Network User Name & Password
- Visit http://my.uscb.edu/apps/username/index.
- Enter your VIP ID number and password and click “LOGIN”
- When the new window loads, you will see “Your USC Network Username is: _____”
- Below your network username will be a space to set your password. Type in your new password and retype for verification, then hit “Set Password.” This password will be what you use to log into your University email & Blackboard.
- Your USCB email will be <network username>@email.uscb.edu. For example, if John Doe’s network username is jdoe2, his email address will be email@example.com.
The VIP ID is an eight-digit number that is assigned to you when you are offered admission to the university. It is used to log in to Self Service Carolina. Your VIP ID is included on your acceptance letter and given to you if you have applied for financial aid. Click here for info on your VIP ID and Password to Access Self Service Carolina.
- Your VIP ID is an eight-digit number used to log in to Self Service Carolina.
- Your VIP ID is assigned to you when you are offered admission to the university. The ID is included on your acceptance letter and given to you if you have applied for financial aid.
- After you receive your VIP ID, you need to Set Your VIP ID Password.
- If you forget your VIP ID, you can Retrieve Forgotten IDs.
- Never reveal your password to anyone. No university employee will ask for your password.
- You can Reset Your VIP ID Password if you forget it.
- You can Change Your VIP ID Password if you know the password, but want to change it.
- The VIP ID is also used to register for New Student Orientation and to take placement tests.
- Need assistance with your VIP ID? Contact the ITSS Service Desk.
Resetting Your Password
To change your email password, you will need to change your Network Username password
at my.USCB.edu. The password will be changed for all systems that use the Network
Username, including Blackboard and the wired and wireless networks.
For information on your Network Username password, go here.
To change your password in my.USCB.edu, go to http://my.uscb.edu/apps/username/index.