Frequently Asked Questions


The university provides Microsoft Office 365 to you for free as long as you are a student. Microsoft Office 365 is the official student email system and also includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook for Mac and Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, OneNote and Publisher for Windows. Click here for assistance installing Microsoft Office 365.

On Self Service Carolina (SSC) the student can change their password by accessing by clicking “Forgot Password” and following the according steps.

All students are required to obtain a Student ID card. USCB identification cards are required to check out books from the libraries, use the student meal plan in the Sand Bar, rent books from the Shark’s Cove Bookstore, and enter the weight room or intramural courts in the Recreation Center. The USCB ID card entitles students to check books out of the USCB Beaufort Campus and Bluffton Campus libraries, as well as the Beaufort County and Technical College of the Low country libraries.

If a student lives on campus, their ID card will be used as card access for the gates and the main door to their apartment.

Student’s meal plans are loaded to the student’s ID cards at the beginning of each semester.

ID cards can also be used as declining balance cards for the Shark’s Cove Bookstores and the Hawk’s Nest Café. Funds may be loaded onto the cards through the student’s CarolinaCard account in Self Service Carolina. Go to and click the “Manage CarolinaCard Account” option to check balances, load funds, or other options.

Some off-campus merchants provide discounts when students present their USCB ID.

Obtain an ID on the Bluffton Campus Library room 151 or on the Beaufort Campus in the Library, in the Sandstone Building. Students should not alter or lend their ID card to anyone. Lost or stolen student ID cards are replaced at a cost of $25 per card. If the card is lost or stolen, the student should immediately report it at to deactivate the card until it can be found or replaced.

Every student can receive a new ID card. If it hasn’t been a full year the student will need to pay $25.00 to replace it.

For cash transactions, the student can pay at the Bursar’s Office in the Hargray building. To pay with a card the student must have the Bursar’s office load a charge to their account. Then the student can pay online with a credit or debit card. Once the student has a receipt, they can bring it to the IT Department to have a new card made.

Every student has a choice, when getting a new ID, to take a new picture or keep their old one. However, if the staff decides that the students’ appearance has changed too much, they may require the student to take a new picture.

No. Students are not required to get a new ID card every year.

It will damage the ID card and may disable some of its features, such as door access.

Every student should choose their device by their choice of major. Some software that is needed by that major may not be compatible with certain devices. Contact the individual department for specific requirements. We may help assist the student on any questions they ask about the different kinds. Click here for recommended configurations and purchase options.

We will try our best to assist the student in fixing their issues and we do it for free.

We do not order the part, but we assist the student with referral to alternative resources.

The time that a device stays depends on the issue itself, on the device’s speed, and however many other devices were brought in ahead of the students’. There is no guaranteed time. Students will be notified when work is complete via the contact information provided. If after 45 days, the equipment has not been retrieved, or scheduled for retrieval, then the equipment will be discarded.

It is the IT Department’s policy to protect the student’s personal information from anyone, including the department technicians.


- For assistance, contact the ITSS Service Desk or call (843) 208-8086. -